The Spot of A Thousand Memories

Finding Frost-Chapter 3

The Spot of A Thousand Memories

Copyright 2012. All Rights Reserved

~~~~~~~~~

His eyes twinkled as he looked at me, saying, “I’ll never tell said the white snow.”

I giggled and snuggled into his blue shirt. I looked up at him curiously, “Tell the story again!”

His eyes became soft, “You really like the story huh my little Gwyneira?”

I looked at him annoyed, sometimes he’s so stupid but Mommy says boys are stupid so I guess it makes sense, “Well duh, my name means white snow. Why wouldn’t I like a story all about me?”

That made him laugh, “I don’t know mo chroí.”

“It means ‘I’ll never tell said the white snow’? That’s weird.” Kara commented looking at him absolutely confused but he paid her no mind resting his eyes upon my face checking out my reaction. I was too stunned to do more than stare right back at him. That, however didn’t sit well with Tanner who loudly pushed back his chair and stalked away.

Geneva looked at the retreating figure disdainfully but soon turned to Jack, face happy and bright, “Don’t worry about Tanner. He’s probably just moody because he stressed about the school musical and the Halloween dance and class council and the fundraiser for the local animal shelter.” She stopped for a second and giggled, “Oops, here I am rambling on, you can speak now. I probably interrupted you.”

Jack flashed her a grin which seemed totally natural, “Nah, it’s okay Eva. I was just going to tell Eva that wasn’t what it meant. I apologize, that was from a story my mother told me when I was young and whenever I asked what it meant that was what she said.”

“Oh that is so cute!” Geneva gushed as she and Kara moved in on their prey. It was like an Animal Planet segment with two jungle cats closing in on their unfortunate victim.

“I would love to meet her!” Kara squealed snuggling up to him. I watched sadly as the smile left his face, that is such a sore subject for him.

“Maybe someday.” He told her a smile as bright as before gracing his face. I wonder why he lied, lots of kids have only one parent.

“Awesome!” Geneva and Kara squealed. The bell rang and I got up striding away, a disgusted expression painting my face as the girls kept him behind, practically chocking him with incessant questions.

As I looked back to verify that he was still alive, I was surprised to find that he was running after me with an excited expression. I sighed and walked faster, hoping to avoid him but with his unnaturally long legs, he caught up to me in no time. He then slowed his pace to match mine and quietly strode along side me with a spring in his step.

I stopped suddenly and turned to him, “Why are you following me?”

“I’m not, I just have the same schedule so I thought I’d tag along with you.” He told me a smile, why is he so bubbly?

“How do you know we have the same schedule?” I asked suspiciously, I never told him what my schedule was.

“Geneva told me when I inquired who shared my classes and might be able to show me around for the second half of the day.” He explained taking his sweet time, I whipped out my phone and saw that the bell rang in a minute.

“Come on.” I said through gritted teeth as I grabbed his icy wrist and pulled him along.

“Okay!” Urgh, he’s worse than a puppy.