Toujours Pur

In which Taeyong is from a pureblooded, Idealistic family and Jennie is a Veela just trying to find her soulmate.

I'll admit, you may need some knowledge on Harry Potter for you to read this and for things to make sense. It was an oversight on my end in not fully explain everything out, but to my defense the main chapters are hella long.

So, here's some important stuff to know (if you didn't already know them).

□□□□□□□□□□

• Veela •

Jennie is a Veela in this story (or, to be more specific, a quarter Veela). In the Harry Potter universe, most of these magical creatures are described to have pale hair and an unnatural beauty. They're beings that lure and attract attention, and may use this to manipulate if they so choose. When they feel strongly about something, they may turn into a Harpy (a bird-like creature). It's kind of like a defense mechanism.

Another thing about Veelas: they have mates.

One person they fall in love with.

Depending on the author of the fanfic you read, sometimes not being accepted by their mate/soulmate means death, while in others it means a general unhappiness.

Guess what kind of author I am ;)

As Jennie is only a quarter, all she really inherited from her mother are the looks/hair color, and the soulmate aspect (and a little bit of physical change due to high emtional moments). She still has the allure, but it's not potent, so people don't jump her just to *ehem* you know.

Quidditch •

From my understanding, Quidditch has four positions:

Seeker: in charge of getting the snitch (a little, flying, golden ball worth like 130 points or something. Not relevent to this story)

Chaser: Gets the quaffle (main ball) through the opposite team's hoop.

Beater: they make sure the bludgers (heavy balls that will target players) don't murder (not really) their teammate (the other team is fair game though)

Keeper: Just a goalie

There's one keeper and seeker, two beaters and three chasers. One of them is probably the captain.

Also first years can't play, Harry Potter is the only exception.

• Blood Purity •

Basically, witches and wizards can be pureblood, halfblood, muggleborn, squib or halfbreed. Purebloods think they're the best as their blood is 'pure' and generally don't think the other blood types deserve their magic (can tolerate halfbloods, though).

This story takes place after the war, so it's not much of a problem (but there are stragglers).

□□□□□□□

I think that's really all?? If you have any questions, just comment haha.

Anyway, this is set in the Harry Potter Universe so it should follow canon. I do go a little bit (just a tiny bit) into the war, but not really. This is set around the time these characters would actually be 11-17 years old (so early 2000s). This means, Harry Potter hasn't had kids yet.

Anyway, Enjoy!

Jennie Kim

Taeyong Lee

Taeyong Lee