Chapter 24. Real life

•••

•••

Lyra was sad.

They had two weeks left of press tour and it'd been amazing. She missed Timothée terribly, but they had talked on facetime every day and texted when they could.

However, the past four days, she hadn't gotten an answer. She'd call him, but was sent straight to voicemail. She would text him, the message would read read, but no response. He was ghosting her. And she had no idea why.

She was currently in her hotel room, lying in bed. She was too upset to get up and start the day. So she watched a cooking show on Netflix.

Her phone rang and she practically threw herself towards it, hoping for it to be Timothée.

It wasn't.

Scarlett's name was shown on the screen and she quickly accepted the call.

"Hey, Scar," she said, trying to hide the sadness in her voice.

"Hi hon. I was thinking 'bout going shopping. Wanna come?" The two always had at least one shopping trip during their press tour. It was a tradition they'd done since since the very first one in 2008 when Iron Man had come out.

"I don't really feel like it," she declined. "Sorry."

"Are you okay?" Scarlett asked, knowing something was wrong. "You don't sound too good. What's wrong, honey?"

"Timmy's ignoring me and I just wanna lie in bed all day," she pouted.

"Screw shopping. I'll order some room service, lots of junk food, and then we'll spend the entire day in pajamas and watch movies. Sound good?"

"Yes, please. Thank you"

"No problem," the older woman said gently. "We don't need boys. Boys are stupid."

"You're right. All we need is lots and lots of food."

"Hear-hear," she laughed. "I'll see you in a minute."

"See ya."

They hung up and not only five minutes later, Scarlett was at the door.

After letting her in, the two made themselves comfortable in bed and picked a movie that always made Lyra feel better: The Princess Diaries.

The room service arrived and they ate in silence while watching the movie.

"You wanna talk about it?" Scarlett asked Lyra eventually. She had the younger girl resting her head on her chest while stroking her short, brown hair. The gesture was comforting to Lyra, but it also made her sad because that's what Timmy always did too.

"I don't even know what happened," she whined. "One minute we were fine, the next, he's totally ghosting me. I honestly have no clue what's wrong and it's driving me crazy... What if he hates me?" she said with tears in her eyes and a quiet voice that contrasted her usual happy one.

"Sweetheart, it isn't not your fault. I don't know what happened either, and frankly I have no idea why he would ignore you. I might not know him personally, but I've heard enough from you to know that he absolutely adores you. I hear when you talk together sometimes and that boy is head over heels for you. He could never hate you," she said.

"Then why is he doing this," Lyra asked looking up at Scarlett with big, sad eyes that made her heart clench.

"I don't know, baby," she smiled sadly. "People do stupid things sometimes, with no intentions of actually hurting anyone, but still end up doing so anyway. I don't think he means to hurt you, he doesn't seem like that type of person. When we get back, make him see you and get him to talk, work things out. He'd be the stupidest boy in the world to not wanna be with you."

"Really?" Lyra asked, taking everything she was saying to heart, realizing that she was right; Timothée would never intentionally hurt her. She just had to get him to talk to her.

"Yeah," she nodded. "Lyra I have know you since you were a kid and I've watched you grow into an amazing person. I couldn't be more proud of you and I know the others agree with me. You deserve to be happy and Timothée makes you happy. I know he does, I can see it. So don't let that idiot push you away," she finished with a small laugh bringing a smile to Lyra's face.

"I love you," she whispered to the other woman.

"I love you too," she kissed her head. "Now let's watch Clueless."

•••