Chapter 13: What?

───── ⋆⋅🦋⋅⋆ ─────

We usually get stuck into a world of lies. People often lie about things all the time. And we choose to believe them. Because I'm out mind. People aren't that mean. They aren't capable to lie right? It's a game. A trick our minds play. We think people aren't capable of lying. Because, why would they do it? What are they getting with lying. What is their purpose of lying? And then suddenly. After everything happens, we find out why they lie. And lying does get you somewhere. Except, when you lie about two people, get in the way of their relationship. Then it doesn't work. Two people will always find their way together. No matter what.

Meredith and Soda decided to join us in Steve and I's study session. Sodapop and Meredith just hung out in the kitchen. We were in Steve's house. Steve and I were in the living room, sitting on the carpet and working on the center table.

"Soo... when were you gonna tell me?" Steve asked breaking the silence. I looked at him.

"Tell you what?" I asked. I didn't know where this was going.

"We were so close. Why didn't you tell me. Why did you just drift off?" He asked a little louder this time.

"Tell you what?" I asked as I grew impatient.

"That you and Daniel were dating. I mean it's none of my business but why did you drift away from me?" He said a lot louder now. My mouth opened. I laughed.

"Who told you such lie?" I asked.

"That doesn't matter" he said.

"Daniel is dating Margo!" I said

"You're lying! Stop lying!" He said.

"Why would I lie!? There's no point for me to lie!" I said.

"Oh sure! You're lying!" He yelled

"Why are you raising your voice at me?" I questioned as I stood up. He stood up.

"You know, you were my best friend. We grew so close and in a matter of time you just stop talking to me. What was I for? To make him jealous so he would ask you out?" He questioned. I scoffed.

"I don't care if you believe me or not, but now that we're spilling 'secrets' when were you gonna tell me that you and Evie got back together huh?" I asked as I crossed my arms. Soda and Meredith were now in the living room.

Steve's eyes widened.

"Who said that?" He asked.

"Who needs to say it when I saw you sucking her face off?" I said raising my voice. Steve turned back to look at soda.

"Guys, both of you calm down. El, Evie told Steve that you and Daniel were together." Soda said. I looked at Meredith.

"Daniel has been dating Margo for a couple of days now." Meredith said

"She came up to me and kissed me but I pushed her off right away. I never wanted to kiss her. And I'm sorry for not believing you" He said lowering his voice. I sighed and grabbed my bag.

"Still. That gave you no reason to yell at me." I said and walked out the door. I got in my car and drove home. I couldn't believe it. I felt stupid for feeling sad and even ignoring him. We were both in the wrong.

When we listen to the other side of the story, often times, we learn we were both wrong. There's something about trust that, no matter how many times it's broken, even if you do trust that person again, that trust will always take a long time to build up again. But when we love someone, we don't think about that. We don't think about 'what if they break our trust?' Because, we don't think someone we love can break our trust. But sometimes, the problem was lack of communication. And when that comes, a simple apology isn't always enough. Specially when there's yelling involved. And sometimes we're lucky enough to forgive and forget, and continue.