03. loose ends ✓

listen to: who are you, really? - mikky ekko

↣ ↣ ↣

How I ended up following Stiles and Scott around after Derek's, I didn't really know.

Honestly, I didn't really know why I was in this town anyway. I wish I knew why the Nemeton drew me here - it would definitely make my job easier. Beacon Hills just seemed like a town with a lot of werewolves and drama in it. I had saved other towns that were much worse, so why bring me to this one?

"Maybe if you drink some tonight, you'll loosen up and tell us what you are, yeah?" I looked up, broken from my thoughts. Scott was looking at me over the passenger seat in Stiles' old Jeep.

"No way," I said, shaking my head. "Where's the fun in that?" I slouched in the back seat, enjoying Scott's frustration. "Be patient, young grasshopper. You may find out soon. But that's all up to me."

The Jeep suddenly stopped and I was thrown forward, hitting the front seat hard. "Hey!" I whined, rubbing my head. "What the hell, Stiles?"

"Maybe you should wear your seatbelt," he commented, getting out of the Jeep. I wanted to smack the sarcasm right out of his mouth, but instead I obediently followed the boys down the sidewalk, the sound of music getting louder as we neared the party house.

Scott and Stiles walked quickly while I took my time, taking in my surroundings. The town seemed normal, despite the small population of werewolves that lived in it. Something must have happened recently for me to be drawn here.

Or something would happen in the future.

Like Deucalion.

He was a monster in every way possible. He was the one person that I wished I would never cross paths with again. 

Now he was here. Just my luck.

But what would a pack of Alphas want to do in a nice little town like this? Create more Alphas? I knew how that system worked with Deucalion and, if it was what he was planning on doing in Beacon Hills, there was going to be a lot of blood spilled. I wasn't sure I could stand watching that again...

"A look that says that the last thing you want to be doing right now is going to a party!" Stiles shouted, breaking me from my thoughts. Realizing how far I had trailed behind, I hurried after the boys.

"It's not that," Scott said with a shrug. "I just feel weird going to a different high school's party."

"This should be a good thing!" I exclaimed, patting him on the back. "Maybe you'll meet a pretty girl and do something fun for once!" He just glared back at me, and I muttered, "Loosen up, wolf boy."

"Yeah, you'll be fine! I went to nursery school with this girl, okay? She'll introduce us to all of her friends! So... tonight. No Allison, no Lydia. Tonight, we're moving on!" Stiles put an arm around Scott and pat him on the chest, a contagious smile on his face. 

"You're right," Scott said, but it didn't sound really convincing.

"Of course I'm right," Stiles and I said at the same time. He frowned at me again and I bet if he kept having that facial expression every time he looked at me, his face might get stuck that way.

"Why do you guys hate me so much?" I pouted, sticking my bottom lip out. "I just want to have some fun." 

The boys stopped and turned around. "I don't think we have the same type of fun in mind," Scott said carefully. Silence hung between the three of us as I kept smiling. Maybe Scott is smarter than he looks.