One-Shot

It was 4 years since the Battle of Hogwarts. It was 4 years since brave warriors fell. 4 years since she was Potions' Mistress. And 4 years since Hermoine was lost in his death.

Hermoine Jean Granger was the brightest witch of her age. She was apart of the Golden Trio along with Harry and Ronald. She was even labeled Golden Princess by the Prophet! She was a recipient of Order of Merlin, First Class.

Yet, Hermoine's heart seemed to have died with the one it belonged to.

Severus Snape died a Hero. Those who did not know his past would accuse him of being a traitor. But to her, Harry, Ron, and the rest of Hogwarts, he was their savior in black.

Every night she would sit in his chambers, with his coat in her arms and tears flowing like a cascade from her brown eyes, crying herself to sleep.

She fell in love with him, the bravest wizard she's ever met. She loved him so much that separation from him for 4 years didn't kill the love she had for him.

It is quite ironic though. Despite the fact the Severus Snape took her heart, she's still breathing, living in his memories. But Hermoine had to live. She was Potion's Mistress. He trained her. To carry on his name. His loyalty. His every allegiance.

And Hermoine would do just that. For she loved him breathlessly. Breathlessly, you say, but she's still living?

Yes, Miss Granger is his witch. His girl. His student. His everything.

Yet, she watched him die.

She looked at him, pain in her every bone and muscle, and tried to be strong. For him.

Sometimes when Hermoine would wear his chain, she could have sworn she heard his heartbeat. (It was charmed to.)

Yet she would label herself as being crazy and force herself to shut her eyes. It was what he'd wanted. For her to be in the best of health, strong and shining.

Her every memory of him would come back to her. Not haunting her but giving her comfort and solace. It was all she needed.

And every morning when she wakes, the first thing she does is to inhale his scent, one that would set her day straight.

She'll then get ready and take his usual seat in the Great Hall, watching over the students with his portrait, that was pinned to the wall next to the oak doors, smiling at her.