|soldier|

"Leaves from the vine,
falling so slow,
like fragile tiny shells,
drifting in the foam.

Little soldier boy,
come marching home.

Brave soldier boy,
comes marching home."

"Good morning! How did you sleep last night?" Kagome greeted merrily. The staff at the mansion were all used to her energetic nature so it was no surprise to any of them anymore.

"I slept well, 'didn't have any nightmares," Kanao let out a tired yawn then asked, "how about you?"

Despite not having any nightmares- which she usually had frequently- she was still quite tired. She blamed it on the fact that she had stayed up late training and worked herself so hard that she knocked out for the rest of the night.

"I guess I slept well, " Kagome rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly, "I don't even remember falling asleep. One moment I was laying down in my comfy futon and the next I was waking up with the sun shining in my eyes, " she admitted then turned to look at one of the windows.

"Dumb sun," she mumbled with a glare.

Kanao said nothing as they continued to walk side by side towards the kitchen to get breakfast. Today neither of them had any work to do. Shinobu told Kanao to spend the day relaxing because she found out that Kanao had worked herself too hard. As for Kagome, it was merely her free day. Each week she would have one random day off. Shinobu, the head medic, scheduled it so that one person had a break day each day and everyone had one a week.

"Hm, what should we do today?" Kagome asked out loud as she and Kanao ate their breakfast. They regularly ate their breakfast's outside and today was no different.

"Looks like the flowers need to be watered," she said as she scrutinized the wilting camellias from afar, "wait, does anyone even water them? Or do we just let the rain do it?"

Kanao continued to eat her breakfast, only stopping mid-bite to shrug.

"Well, it wouldn't hurt to water them. We should also dig out any weeds that we see too, so the gardener's job is easier," she looked at Kanao who was almost finished with her breakfast, "Is that okay? We don't have to if you want to do something else."

Kanao put her plate down and flipped the coin. Just as she had felt nothing when she was asked the question, she felt nothing as the coin spun and landed. She felt nothing. No desires, no cares. She was void.

She easily read the answer in which the coin gave out loud to her childish companion.

Kagome smiled brightly and clapped her hands, "okay!"

She let out a small grunt as she stood up and collected the two empty plates and cups.

"I'm going to bring these inside, can you find the watering cans? They're somewhere in the shed, " she said before heading back inside.

Kanao, unaware of the way her friend's smile dropped so easily, stared with determination at the small and abnormally frowsy shed.

The water in Kagome's tin watering can sloshed and splashed around as she walked to the next bed of flowers. Kanao was on the other side, watering the other flowers.