Chapter 3

Lance opened the door into his fairly large house. We both walked in and I was immediately hit with a wave of awkwardness. He told me to follow him and he led me to the kitchen. In there was a woman that looked like she was around her mid 40's. Lance started speaking in a language I couldn't understand. They kept talking until Lance went bright red and shouted something then huffing. There was small laughter then coming from the pair of them before the woman waved her hand in a shooing motion. Lance laughed awkwardly. "Sorry about that I was just telling my Mamá about everything," Lance said rubbing the back of his neck. I smiled softly. "No it's okay," I said. Lance took me upstairs and opened a door to a very messy looking room. "Excuse the mess, but, this is the only place you'd be able to stay," He said grinning awkwardly. "It's fine, don't worry," I said trying to reassure him. He quickly picked stuff off the floor and threw it into a corner of the room, then pushed the bed up against the wall. He then got out a cardboard box and laid something down. "What are you doing?" I asked pointing. He looked up. "Oh, setting up an air mattress that one of us can sleep on," he said with a smile. "Okay," I said, trying not to show my confusion. I looked around his room and saw something hanging up on the wall. It caught my interest immediately. On it, it read 'November 2020'. I was shocked. Was that the year I was in? Had I been trapped so long it had been 400 plus years? How was it even possible?