18 | Kiss Me

Y/N

_

MY HANDS PRESSED against the dough in front of me, as I rolled the bagels into shape. My phone was wedged between my shoulder and my ear, as I tried to multitask calling Saoirse.

"Yeah, I know," I heard her say, "it's stupid but I'm going to try it."

"It's not stupid," I laughed, "I think you've got a good shot at it.

After taking Saoirse to Timothée's premiere, she completely fell head over heels in love with acting. It was all she could talk about now.

"Is there anything I can audition for?"

"Yeah, probably," I nodded, "I'll ask Adriana about signing you on."

"I love you. Thank you."

"Anytime."

"Where's your mans?" she teased, "I'm surprised he's letting you talk to me for this long."

I flipped the dough over and started to shuffle through the cupboards for a rolling pin, "he's shopping."

"That makes sense..."

"And he doesn't care how long I call you for," I laughed, "he just gets annoyed when I call you in the shop."

"Aren't you in the shop now?"

"Yeah..." I smirked, "but he's not."

"Sneaky!"

"Guilty as charged!"

"Okay," I heard her scramble, "I've got to go, but I'll call you later!"

"Sounds good."

"Byeee!"

"Bye," I smiled, hanging up the phone and turning my attention back to the bagels.

If I was being honest, I loved working here over the weekend. It was definitely more relaxing than at Rosco's. Plus, that meant I got to spend more time with my boyfriend. Twisting the dough into a circle, my head looked up at the sound of the front door of the shop swinging open. Timothée walked in, two brown-paper grocery bags propped up in his arms.

"Hey, hey, hey," he grinned, sliding behind the counter to join me, "I'm back."

He set the bags down next to me, starting to shuffle through the food inside. Ever since the movie, business was skyrocketing for him, as fans from all around NYC came to eat his bagels. Of course, I'd get a little annoyed when some people tried to flirt with him in front of me, but I knew Timothée was loyal.

"You missed it," I teased, "a couple teens came in here asking for you."

"Oh?"

"I told them you were out shopping."

"That's correct," he nodded, tossing me a box of sesame seeds, "what about it?"

Popping open the box, I sprinkled them into the dough as I recollected the memories from earlier. We worked in clockwork, Timmy and I, and that's how we were able to bake as many bagels as possible. Dream team.

"They went searching around every store trying to find you," I laughed, "I think they eventually just gave up."

"Did one of them have bright orange hair?"

I gasped, "so they did find you!"

"Yup," the man sighed, "one of them even tried to buy the cream cheese I was holding."

"Seriously?"

He reached into the bag again, and pulled out a white and blue container, "they didn't get it though."

"Good," I smiled, ruffling his hair, "I need that."

Taking it from his hand, I cracked open the lid and emptied it out into the processor behind me. Switching it on, I turned back to the bagels I was kneading. Much to my surprise, Timothée managed to slide his way in front of them and had a devious grin on his face.

"So..." he started, "I have news."

"News?"

"Good news."

"Tell me."

He opened his mouth, before shaking his head in excitement. I rolled my eyes playfully, brushing past him to put the bagels in the air fryer. I'd known him for over a year now, and he always got like this when he had good news. He'd get so happy, he'd start doing his cute little awkward laugh while rocking back and forth. As I adjusted the pan, the sizzle of the dough hitting the oil seemed to get him to talk.

"It's official," he beamed, snaking his arms around my waist, "I'm going to be in Little Women."

My eyes widened, and this time I was the one unable to speak. Of course, I knew it since the day Meryl Streep told me about it, but hearing it be official was amazing.

"Yes!" I exclaimed loudly, gaining some looks for some of the customers, "I'm so proud of you!"

I pulled him in for a hug, jumping up and down with him. We almost knocked the sesame seed box over, but thankfully we didn't. Phew!

"You're going to be amazing in it," I stated, pulling away, "and this might put you up for another oscar!"

Timothée shrugged, grabbing my hand. When we found out he didn't win for Call Me By Your Name, there were a few days where he seriously doubted his talent. Thankfully this movie opportunity came along, and seeing the hope in his eyes was everything to me.

"Who cares about Oscars," he swooned, "I've got a bagel shop, a hell of a good movie, and the best girlfriend in the world."

"are you flirting with me in front of the bagels?"

"maybe I am, maybe I'm not."

I placed my hand against his cheek, my thumb grazing against his freckles. I loved him so much. The best thing about it was that I knew he loved me back. From that day on the sidewalk, to standing behind the counter of his bagel shop, I knew we'd be together forever. It sounds cliche, I know, but it's true.

"Timothée," I laughed, "just shut up and kiss me."