Chapter 19 - Not myself

The shape was large and moved with such ease and stillness that I didn't see it at first, not until it emerged from the tree line and walked towards me. Its large black paws were silent on the ground as it got closer and closer.

Two large sets of sharp white teeth were gleaming at me, since its bottom jaw was hanging open. I should have been scared but I knew that this creature would never hurt me. It padded forward until there was only a small gap between us and then it stopped.

Tilting its head to the side, I watched as the pink tongue rolled out of the beast's mouth and its breath quicken. Reaching my hand forward I had the odd desire to touch its head, but I didn't want to move my feet from where I was standing.

The creature seemed to guess what I wanted to do and it took a step forward and rested the side of its head in my hand. Closing its eyes it nuzzled into my palm and a smile formed on my mouth.

My other hand went to its ear and I stroked the soft fur of the large wolf. Its eyes opened and it looked up at me, taking my breath away. Blue, a royal blue pair of eyes stared back at me, they shimmered in the moonlight and if I could, I would have stared at them all day.

"Sasha?"

A voice called in the distance and I turned to see where it had come from.

"Sasha?"

With my gaze turned the animal was suddenly gone. I spun round to see where he would have run off to but I was alone again.

"Sasha."

I groaned rubbing my eyes and burying myself deeper into my bedding, Did she have to interrupt my dream!

"Sasha, you awake?" Meg asked taking another step towards my cocoon.

"Well I am now." I grumbled pulling the covers back a bit to look at my sister, "God Meg, you smell... different."

She chuckled and moved to the side of my bed trying to pull the covers back.

"Na uh, you smell like sex and I don't want that in my bed thank you very much." I pulled the covers tighter around me, snuggling in deeper and hiding my nose.

"Sasha." Meg whined flopping down on top of me.

It had been a few days since Meg and Rowan "became one", apparently the pain from the heat had really tired out Meg, so Rowan was downstairs within an hour while Meg took a nap.

Nick was, well, angry. But he didn't do anything to Rowan, that I know off, he was much more concerned with how Meg was dealing. Whilst Meg was snoring away the rest of us had the lovely pleasure of cleaning the living room.

When the heat kicked in Meg had knocked over the coffee table, along with everything on it, destroyed two of our mothers glass lamps and successfully ripped all of her clothes of which had blood stains on them.

Mum had almost had a heart attack when she came home and then her distress had called out to Dad and he had come charging into the house in his wolf form. It was all highly entertaining.

Minus the destroyed living room, traumatized mother, confused siblings, shredded clothes and furious father, it was a pretty good evening.

Mum and I went up to check on Meg after that, she still had a slight fever but she was sleeping peacefully. We tried to ignore the smell, not something you wanted to think about in your sister's room.

All the boys had a discussion while they were downstairs; we had walked in at the end of the conversation. Dad was okay with how things went, as long as Megs was alright. After that Rowan stayed the night locking himself up in Meg's room.