Chapter 10

The following afternoon Jamie and Katherine returned to their home Ricky and I were sitting in the library reading my mother came into the room. 

"Maddie, your father and I are going on vacation so you and Ricky will be here lone." 

"That's fine," 

My mother left the library I continued to read my book. 

"At least we can get a good night's sleep tonight." Ricky said. 

"I have a feeling we will be in bed early tonight." I replied. 

"How long will your parents be on vacation for?" 

"Until the end of August they always take a vacation at this time every year." 

Later on, that evening Ricky and I invited Samantha, Amanda, James, Jimmy, David, April, Maria, Scarlet, Roman, Hector, and Andrew to have dinner with us in the dining room. 

"We're like one big happy family." I stated. 

"Maddie, we're not allowed to eat in the dining room." Andrew said nervously. 

"My parents are on vacation they will never know if they find out I'll take the blame."

"You have a kind heart." 

After dinner Ricky and I helped clean up I wiped the table and helped Amanda and Jimmy put the dishes away. I was sitting on the couch Ricky came into the living room he joined me on the couch. 

"Your mom's romance novels are the worst." He said. 

"Tell me about it," I replied. 

"How can your mother read those?" 

"I have no idea I tried reading those when I was thirteen because I wanted to know about sex those books were not helpful so I searched the internet and looked up sex." 

"Your mother never had the talk with you?" Ricky asked shocked. 

I shook my head no and curled into his side Ricky wrapped his arm around me. 

"My father had the talk with me when I was thirteen." 

"I learned about sex on my own." 

"If your parents went on vacation, why didn't they take you, Jamie, and Katherine?" Ricky asked confused. 

"My parents take two vacations they take a family vacation in May and my parents take a second vacation in August which is just for them." I explained. 

Later on, that night Ricky and I were getting ready for bed we climbed into bed I reached over and turned off the lamp I slowly drifted off to sleep.