chapter 2: the wing ceremony

Iris's pov

it's been a few months now and finally the wing ceremony is here! it's the one day of the year to get a free pass at being a knight! no matter what your grades are! only if you win the race though, but if you don't win the race and you have bad grades you fail, but if you have good grades then you have a good shot at graduating anyways, i've used all the study notes that i kinda stole from Karane to get good grades, i've noticed the passed few months she has been struggling in class, gee i wonder why? i was originally going to give her back the notebooks claiming that i found them laying outside under her window, that was until the confrontation of Groose, Cawlin and Strich, after that i decided to do anything i could to out-do Karane in everything, clean up faster, better, help out everyone i can in skyloft, this made her angry and i guess she spread rumors around like:"you should not let Iris in your house, she is a thief" or "i heard a rumor that Iris got mad at someone and at night she threw that person off Skyloft!", who? dont know but the rumors got crazier and crazier like:"i heard Iris was not a human, i heard she's actually a snake who plans on eating everyone in skyloft!", i hear these rumors and i laugh, who in their right mind would believe the rumors? i managed to get Groose and Strich to be kinda my friends? i've helped them out and i know about Groose having a crush on Zelda, the day of the wing ceremony i see pipit walking the halls like usual, it's the beginning of summer so it's hot out, i walk up to pipit and blush holding out a letter to him.

pipit: what's this?
me: i uh, wanted to give this to you, dont open it until after the wing ceremony ok?
pipit: o....ok, speaking of which, are you going to attend?
me: yup! i know you won last year's wing Ceremony
pipit: i see, winning is not really all that important
me: ya i know that, i remember watching you win the race, you were very fast and did lots of cool things well on your loftwing 
pipit: -blushes- uh ya, be careful out there ok?
me: i will
pipit: i heard Karane is going to be in the race too
me: oh i see
pipit: Karane is very competitive and reckless, if your up against her then you should be extra careful
me: i will pipit -smiles-
pipit: if anything happens and your bird gets injured and can't get to you then just call for me, i will be there to catch you -blushes deep red-
me: ok pipit

i then did something unexpected that even surprised myself, i leaned on my tiptoes and managed to kiss him on his lower cheek and jaw, ya i'm very short, 4'10 short, i then quickly walked away before pipit could do or say anything, my face was burning red from how much i was blushing, i loved the way he smelled, like sweet autumn wind and honey, i wonder what i smell like to him? i was outside and i called for my black and white Loftwing, Luna, she had her hair/feathers put up similar to mine and she has a necklace that has a similar blue diamond like my earring, but her's was made from mettle well mine was a real jewel of some kind, as i pet Luna i over hear Zelda scolding Groose, apparently  Groose and Cawlin and Strich did something to Link's Loftwing? hope it's ok, i then see Karane walk out and call her Loftwing well i brush mine. 

(Iris's loftwing, more black then brown)