Part 1 Activate the hybrids

Part 1
Activate the hybrids

I turn awake when hearing the door bell ringing. Elisa runs to the room in a rush when she said “Mr Adams needs you to come. It’s an emergency”. I jump out of the bed knowing it would not be good news.

When I have dressed myself I run in the living room to see two men in suite’s ready to bring me to the white house.  “Mr Carter, ready to leave”  the one with the friendly face  askes me. I nod, kiss my love and rush to the black limo that’s parked in front of the house.  When we all are in the car the one with the less friendly tells me it’s about case 88. That’s when I get the seriousness of the situation. Even though I have worked on this case more than 20 years and am confident in it, it still gives me the chills. When going through all that has happened over the years, hours I spent in the lab and the life’s I have tampered with I am ready to hear the worst.  When passing the gates and the security I stand in the halls of the white house. Three other men in suites bring me to the room where dear Mr president Adams is waiting for me. The door opens and Mr president is standing in front of the big window staring outside. “Hello, Mr president” I great when he turns around. He smiles at me and greats me “ Hello Carter” and then gets his fierce look back.  “Carter, its time” he tells me when sitting in his chair. “Sir, they are still very young” I say hoping for him to understand. He looks down, a little shame comes of but when he looks up he gets the fierce look back again. “Carter, the time has come. Time is not on our side anymore, we are looking at only danger. They need to be trained and ready” he tells me. I nod in understanding the situation. Mr president stands up to walk to my lab to do what I have to do. On our way Mr president, asks me about my wife and about the Derick my son and he jokes about vacation. I never got how he could lock out the things he has on his head. He always could act like we were best friends and that there was no war or experiments or illness he had to worry about. I always admired that about him, the way he could do that. When we finally were at the lab, I greeted my employers and told them that the time has come.
Everyone starts to look in excitement and terror at the same time and run to their place. All of the screens turn on when I take my place as well. On every screen a face and location and a cam on boys and girls around the US. The screen in front of me shows names of the boys and girls and location. “Sir only on your command” I tell Mr president. He looks around “ Today, life’s will change for a safer future. We have prepared for this day and the day has come” he tells us. He looks at me when I move my hand above the blue button. I look at him to see the fierce face when he says “ Activate the hybrids”. I push the button and so do the 21 other employers.