𝙵𝚕𝚞𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙰𝚍𝚘𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙖𝙙𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙩- 𝙖 𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙙 𝙬𝙝𝙤, 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣, 𝙢𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙘, 𝙜𝙧𝙤𝙬𝙨 𝙪𝙥 𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙨𝙪𝙗𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚

Kids grow up too fast these days. They do. He did. Sometimes, the environment they live in makes them grow up so fucking fast. Maybe it is different from one person to another. But one thing is sure. He 𝑑𝑖𝑑 grow up too fast. Indeed.
     He quickly stuffed his things in the backpack. 𝑄𝑢𝑖𝑐𝑘. Money. Not much. Just 20 dollars. Will have to do. A 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑐𝑘 𝑜𝑛 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑑𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑚 𝑑𝑜𝑜𝑟.
'Wyatt, don't make me break this door. Wyatt, I swear I will call the cops. Fucking open!'
He heard his father yelling. But he could do nothing. Nothing, of course. He was on the other side of the door.
'What the fuck are you talking about? I am changing my clothes. Privacy, please.'  The irony in his voice was almost unnoticeable. A perfect lie, a sweet cover-up that would earn him just enough time. But his father knew better. Oh he knew Wyatt. Yes he did.
'Don't lie to me, little fucker. I know what you are up to. Open the damn door'
   𝑄𝑢𝑖𝑐𝑘. The pack of cigarettes, his book. A hoodie. A lighter. His penknife. Enough.
'Not gonna get me this time, old lag'
Wyatt grabbed his backpack and his skateboard and opened the window. He could hear his father swearing as he finally made his way down the emergency stair. One of his legs slipped, but he quickly grabbed the pole with his free hand, the one he didn't have occupied with carrying the board. 𝐴𝑙𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑚𝑒. And  then there he was, one jump and he would touch the sidewalk. The taste of freedom. Bittersweet. And now what? He jumped. He was in the street now. And by the time his father 𝑑𝑖𝑑 break the door, he was already on his skateboard. Down the street. Far. Far enough to not be caught.
𝙍𝙪𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮~