Chapter 1: What box?

In the afternoon of an Autumn day in a little town called Broadway, two males sat on a couch and played video games. One was a tall and lanky male by the name of Jaren. Jaren was a Canadian that moved to America with his family so he could start new in his high school, no one knowing who he was or anything his family has done in the past. Jaren was glad that he had moved to the Us, as he ended up making a few good friends, one being in his lap as they played video games.

Jaren's friend, Adam, was a shorter and larger fellow, but in appealing ways. He was like Watson to Jaren's Sherlock. He's always lived in Broadway, but always felt out of place there. He gave the vibe of someone from the North West without trying.

As these two enjoy their game, a grumble came from one of them. The two looked at each other before laughing, Adam standing up as they paused the game.

"Bro, are you like, good tho?" Jaren asked, standing and stretching.

"Dude, that wasn't me! I swear! It had to be you! I mean, come on. You only had some chips earlier even though I told you to eat something else." Adam claims, walking to the kitchen. Jaren shrugs and follows the male into the kitchen.

"I wasn't hungry then."

"So you admit to it being you!"

"Wha- No! Well....." Adam laughed as the Canadian tried to make up an excuse. He gave up and sighed, nodding.

"Told you~ Oh hey do you have work tomorrow?"

"I.. I actually got fired because it was the only way to make a Karen happy." Jaren sighs. "They said they would take me back after a month, so I'm going to wait for the month to end." Adam stares at him for a few seconds, his green eyes filling with surprise. This was news to him.

"So they fired you because of a Karen? The hell is with that? You were like, the best employee there!" Jaren's cheeks started to heat up as he watched his bro go back to looking through the wooden cabinets in the modern kitchen. He looked away from him and into his room, letting out a long sigh.

This was when something caught his eye. There was a box in his pastel yellow room, on top of his covered desk. The box wasn't there before, Jaren was sure of it. Why would he have a random box? He hasn't ordered anything online as of late, nor got any messages from family about boxes coming in.

"Adam? Did you give me a random box?"

"Huh? Box? What do you mean?" Adam tilted his head, his wavy hair following the tilt. Jaren reached over and grabbed his cheek, making him turn his head to his room.

"That box..."

The two friends look back at each other before Jaren went to grab it, the savory aroma of ramen filling the house. Adam watched as the box was set on the marble counter, Jaren staring at it.

"Independence, OR... OR? Where's that?" Jaren asked, looking at the male.

"Oregon, Jare, Oregon. You know, Bigfoot country. Or is that Washington? One of those two."

"Why is someone sending me something from Oregon?"

"Hell if I know, but, do you want to open it?" Adam asked, looking at the box. The two stare at it before Jaren goes and puts it in his closet. He just decided that he didn't feel like getting haunted or having to deal with this stuff today.

"Nope. Nope. Nope. Not today, not right now. Right now is ramen time, not creepy random box time."

"Well said."