Thank You

I want to thank those who took the time to read this story. It means a lot and I truly appreciate it. Writers want nothing more than to have their stories told. I hope you enjoyed and if you did please leave a little star or add a comment. If you didn't, let me know too. I'd love to hear your feedback. It means a lot.

I wrote this story while I was in school and with the help of one amazing teacher, she inspired me to pursue more time, work, and effort into my writing. This was a short story but a moving one nonetheless. In case some of you are confused with the ending or the story in general allow me to explain.

Inocencia was raised in a family where the adults always placed high expectations for her. She always had to be the best. She always had to smile and wave and pretend that she was perfect. No, she had to BE perfect. Any imperfection seen by her was absolutely unacceptable. As she grew older all these expectations and rules were overwhelming.  This is why she took out her frustration through the killing of the ant. At this point, her mentality was already broken in a sense. She wanted power or false acceptance without having to be "perfect." So, she resorted to killing people. She knew it was wrong but she so desperately wanted to flee from her innocent persona that everyone adored.

She soon finds a man and falls in love with him. Her love for the man and his love for her helped her realize that what she was doing was immoral. At this point she realizes the sins she makes and now tries to flee from her guilt. This makes her angry. So with one final goodbye, she makes another beaded necklace and tactfully gives it to her lover. Along with it is a note.

Her lover finds the necklace first and runs to the Castle only to find that the Princess is dead. From great grief and sorrow, he kisses and places the necklace on himself as he has heard many others speak of this in the Kingdom. His love for the Princess has caused his heart to be innocent. He does not suspect anything suspicious from the necklace. He dies and is discovered the next morning with the necklace and card. Inocencia knew he would die. That is why she wrote what she did.

What do you guys think?

If you'd like me to write more short stories like this let me know!

For my Moonies: Love you to the MOON and back!