"Baby Brother Did Something Stupid. Again."

two

Blaring music streamed from the open windows of Tempest's classic muscle car, the redhead tapping her thumbs on the steering wheel to the beat of Five Finger Death Punch. Driving down the highway under the starlit sky, the tiger hybrid mulled over the conversation she'd had with her blue eyed brother, her thoughts conflicted.

:3

'You do?!' Damon almost yelled through the phone, shock evident in his voice.

"Bro," Tempest raised an eyebrow as she shimmied into a pair of waist high shorts, "Everyone in the supernatural world has heard of the Original family. Hell, my mama's brother used to tell me all about them as bedtime stories."

'But I've never had anyone mention anything about them until a few months ago.'

The hybrid smirked as she fluffed out her fiery hair and asked with her raspy voice full of amusement, "Well, dear brother, what does that tell you?"

He grumbled something under his breath that the shifter didn't hear.

"~What was that?~" Tempest sang lightly, teasing through the phone.

Damon sighed dramatically, 'That I don't know enough people and I don't have any friends.'

An eruption of laughter exploded from the other side of the mobile, making the redhead's other brow raise as well because those giggles definitely weren't her brother's.

"And who is that, Damon?"

'Vampire Barbie and Witchy,' The vampire grumbled again.

'I can't wait to meet you!' One of the girls called out, excitement piercing her bubbly tone.

"Of course you can't, darling. I'm a Salvatore," Tempest couldn't help herself, her husky voice filled with amusement.

'She's definitely your sister, Damon,' The other girl muttered.

The tiger shifter smirked and didn't doubt, that her brother was smirking as well.

:3

The redhead sighed through her nose as she eyed the 'Welcome to Mystic Falls' sign. There was a reason why she's abandoned Damon after Katerina had changed them, and Stefan for forcing them into a life of blood, death and immortality.

Tempest had needed her father, their father, to restrain her so she couldn't attack her family or the two as she got older.

Tiger shifters were hunters.

No one was safe.

She needed to be locked away.

Becoming a hybrid through Katerina's doppelgänger blood had given Tempest a lot more control and she could choose when to shift, although with her heightened emotions, staying bipedal was sometimes a struggle.

But not even her newly strengthened composure could have stopped her animalistic desire from ripping apart her now undead brothers. They wouldn't have stood a chance.

She needed more self control.

:3

"So which Mikaelson, Dae?" Tempest tucked her black, long sleeved button down shirt into her shorts.

'All of them.'

The shifter paused for a moment before she let out a low whistle, "Wow. You. Are. Screeeeeewwwwwwwed," The redhead dragged out.

'Gee, Temp. Thanks for the boost of confidence. I really needed it.'

"You're welcome, brother dear. I, myself, have only met one. And she was awesome."

'You were friends-'

"Are friends."

'-with Rebekah Mikaelson?' Damon more so stated than asked, '...you know what, I'm not even surprised.'

The shifter grinned at nothing, "And why is that, Dae?"

'Because you're both fucking crazy!!'

Tempest had to pull her phone away from her ear, his voice ringing through her head like a church bell.

"God, Damon. Calm the fuck down, you alcoholic man child," the tiger shifter slipped her feet into a pair of open toed, ankle boots, the colour matching her top, "Now let me guess...you want me to come back to Mystic Falls to help you 'deal' with them?"

An uneasy chuckle answered her, 'Can you?'

Letting out a heavy breath, the shifter shrugged, "I'll come, Dae. But I promise nothing. Are they threatening to kill you?"

'...only if Stefan doesn't give back the coffins.'

"So Baby Brother did something stupid. Again."

'...yup..'

Tempest rolled her golden eyes. Of course, he did. He might deny it, but the self righteous, veggie prick was an even bigger bitch when his humanity was off.

She remembers Chicago.

:3

The red haired Salvatore pulled to a stop outside of a very familiar boarding house that she hadn't seen in decades.

She bit her lip, unsure on how and what would happen, which she hated. Tempest was used to having everything set in sight, knowing what her next move was.

But she could see nothing.

The woman slowly, cautiously, got out of her car, now entirely aware of how quiet it was. She ran an uneasy hand through her shortish hair and squared her shoulders, "Damn it, bitch. Sooner we get this over with, the sooner we can get the fuck outta here."

The curvy, petite shifter sighed and walked over to the door, before knocking with a rhythm to calm herself.

It swung open and the redhead gave a 'how do yah do' look, "Hey. I'm Tempest."