Chapter 1: Antonia Renée Aster Eltanin

I remember how it was when life was normal. Well, as normal as you can get when you're a half-blood witch who was also born out of wedlock in a small conservative town in England in 2047. I remember when my life changed. Rather, when my and my sister's lives changed. See, we're both in our third years at Hogwarts, being twins and all. I'm a Slytherin, while my sister Angelina, or as I like to call her, Rose, is a Hufflepuff. She's so sweet, and I would likely kill for her if it came down to it. We call each other our 'flower names' as it is a tradition for Malfoys, or as we are now, Eltanins, to name children after flowers. We don't like to relate ourselves much to the family line, so that's why we don't use them outside of ourselves and our grandfather.

We don't have many friends at Hogwarts, since we're the grandchildren of Draco Malfoy, who was the son of a Death Eater and one himself. He is now known as Draco Eltanin, as he took the name of our grandmother who passed away before we were born. He was forced to be a Death Eater by his father, but nobody cares about that. Most people call us the Eltanin twins. Being in Slytherin, I get bullied a bit, with people always ripping my bag in the halls and "accidentally" knocking me into things. I've never told Rose this. She would probably start coddling me if I did. We've always been protective of each other, considering my dad was always working at the Ministry. He got less pay than most, too, just because his dad was a Death Eater and he didn't have a wife.

I've always heard about how GREAT Harry Potter was, and how CRUEL Slytherins were, but that couldn't be more wrong. Professor Snape, who now exists in a portrait, always cared for his snakes. He is more our head now than Professor Slughorn, which we are all content with. As Slytherins, we never rat anyone of our own kind out. We stick together and protect each other fiercely. We are forbidden from arguing in the hallways because anything could get our reputations damaged. I love my fellow snakes, and hold them just below my sister. Gryffindors, as far as I can tell, will do anything to one up each other. On the other hand, I heard all about Harry Potter's hatred for Slytherins, and his prejudice against us. But NO, Harry Potter was the greatest wizard of all time, and he saved a Malfoy so that makes it okay.

As of now, we are in a bit of a pickle. Rose and I are wandering in the forest exactly where our Muggle Studies professor, the portrait of Charity Burbage, told us NOT to go.
———————————————FLASHBACK————————————————
"Okay class, we are stopping here to explore the muggle world. If you would like to go anywhere, feel free to do so, but you must be back before 5 o'clock. We will NOT look for you and will travel back without you if necessary. Do NOT go into the forest, as half bloods and muggleborns have disappeared there and never come back. We haven't had an incident in a few centuries, so I hope to keep that record."
————————————————END FLASHBACK—————————————————
I'm what Muggles would call a "badass". I guess it just means my affinity for black and camouflage. It could also explain my desire of danger. I don't normally rope my sister into any of my pranks or tricks, but I knew she would be worried if I disappeared for a few hours, so I decided to bring her with me. Now, we both love schoolwork, no doubt about it, but you can get straight Os and still seek danger. We love schoolwork so much that our grandfather calls us "Half-Hermiones" which I suppose is a compliment. My sister and I would be considered half-bloods because our mother was a Muggle who dropped us on our dad's step in the middle of the night. My grandfather doesn't hate Muggles as some may think, so he didn't disown our father.

A few weeks ago, Professor Burbage announced we would be taking a trip to Manhattan to show students the magic of the human world. Rose and I grew up in a Muggle town, but we weren't around very many Muggles, so it would be a new experience. I don't know why she didn't choose a city in England, but America was beautiful, even if it was a bit young, so I wasn't too mad. At the moment, we're lost in a forest somewhere in Manhattan. I doubt anyone will miss us, they barely care about me and my sister, but we just have to hope we don't get attacked by a dragon or something. I'll need to keep an eye out for weird sounds. *crack* I then see a shadow approaching us.
__________________________________________________________________