~| The Show II |~

dedicated to @mulwapesh123

~✨~
"Leesh you need to make a decision like, real quick,"

"Don't ask me to make a decision real quick! You already got yours, and now you're asking me to be quick about this? Girl, give me a break,"

"Alicia, we need to get back to work. We have some deliveries to check out and an arena to set up,"

"Why don't you help me out, please!"

"Okay! What colour do you want? You'd look good in brown by the way, Should I look for a brown dress?"

"Whatever works!"

We were at a clothes store choosing outfits for the upcoming fashion show, and Alicia was frustrated because she hadn't gotten what she wanted. I had already gotten mine the previous day. I asked her to go with me to that boutique, but she refused, I had no idea why.

"Leesh, my idea still stands,"

"Fine! I give up. We'll go after work, right? We're running late, and I don't want unnecessary calls. I might snap at someone,"

Like she wasn't snapping at me already!

We went back to the office. The lunch break was over, and we had to clear up the orders. The technical team for setting up the arena at the back of the show building were already there, and I had been assigned to supervise them. The kind of faith and trust Mr. Alvarez had for me was admirable, honestly. He had entrusted me with the supervision, as much as the idea I had put forward at the meeting on Monday. It was a hot Friday afternoon, and I took off my coat to breathe fresh air. If we hadn't been at work, I'd tie a knot on my white tee. I let Alicia do the office work, while I went outside. She wasn't feeling like being in the sun a lot, plus, ever since she left the hospital because of her miscarriage, she had been avoiding the sun like a plague. I took my phone, notebook and pen. When I was on the 25th floor, Sal got in. I had been so busy lately, that we hadn't kept in touch that much.

"Hey Naliyah," he greeted calmly.

"Hey Sal. Been a lot of days huh,"

"Miss me that much?"

"Don't flatter yourself sir,"

"You wound me Naliyah," he said, pouting, placing his hand on his chest feigning hurt. I laughed at his reaction, and how adorable he looked while he jutted his lower lip outwards.

"Where are you headed to?" he asked. I told him I was going to check the show's platform with the interns. He was headed to his office to go through the articles that were on his desk for editing.

"So, we're still on for next Saturday?" Sal asked. Crap, I had totally forgotten about it. Now I wasn't sure I wanted to go out with him... Not that I didn't want to, but with Alec, I didn't know what to do.

"It's okay, you don't have to if you are busy," he said, and I gave him a sad smile. I didn't want things to get weird, so I thought otherwise.

"I think I'll be free,"

His face lit up with happiness, and he smiled widely. For a split second I forgot he was a grown up man. He made a cute face and promised to make plans with me later. He left for his office, and I waited to get to the bottom floor. I was handling everything on my own, because Alec had been busy at his office. The day he picked me up, Tuesday, was like a small holiday for me. He took me to his office and I looked at his success... Boy, he worked so hard to get to where he was. It made me wonder what he saw in me, I didn't match his class. I was having this creepy feeling that Alec was just going to use me, but I closed the door to that thought and threw the key. I couldn't live my life being so pessimistic all the time. I was doing an inventory of the extra seats and tables that were at his work place.