Chapter 1

Jeff Bourbon looked at me, his orange-brown eyes glowing almost.

"Jeff, where are we going to find this Tarantula? She is in critical danger of losing her habitat. Will we even find her in time?" I asked, peering at my phone screen.

Cinnamon sighed. She didn't really have an answer.

"Honey, really? Her species is going extinct right now! Look at the numbers dwindling!" she yelled, pointing at the screen, the population clock of Theraphosa Stirmi.

Apparently, there were only 5 left in the world. "Let's go! If those five die, her population is gone forever! And there's only 900 species of those hairy Arachnids! We can't let them go extinct!" I shouted.

Jeff, Cinnamon, Adelina, Mr. Bear, Mrs. Kit and I all worked for the TER (Tarantula Extinction Recovery) and we had some critical jobs to do, now that we've sat here for so long, looking at pictures of hairy Tarantulas' populations that boomed in 2014, like the Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula, for instance.

I grabbed my bag, shut the Chromebook, and jumped up from the desk. We all worked in the attic of the house because it was nice and cool now that the temperature had lowered, and the door was shut.

Jeff scrambled to the door. "Mr. Bear! We're ready to leave!" I shouted. Adelina stumbled over a piece of styrofoam. "We're coming!" she yelled.

After I opened the door, we all jumped down and raced out of the house. We all got inside the Tahoe.

"Where are we going?" Mr. Bear asked. He had pulled up the GPS on his phone. "Uh, Southeast Guyana" I said. "C'mon" Mr. Bear said, as we pulled out of the driveway.

___________________________________________________________________

The drive seemed to take forever. Jeff was already asleep after lunch. "Mr. Bear, how much farther?" Adelina asked.

Mrs. Kit was also in the car with us. "Three hours. He's driving" she said. I decided to do some more research on my phone.

When we finally got to Guyana, it was beautiful. I woke Jeff up. "Jeff, look at this!" I cried. "Oh, it's so pretty" Jeff groaned. His eyes looked really tired. Then, he fell back to sleep again. Cinnamon smiled. "No Jeff, we're actually here" I said. Mr. Bear got in the backseat and ripped out the paperwork from underneath Jeff's abdomen, which he had curled up on, since it was very warm. And Jeff's fur was hot from being in the sun.

The paperwork tore when he ripped it. "Oh, no! The attack of the ripped paper!" Mr. Bear laughed.

"Jeff, wake up" I urged, shaking him. Jeff made a weird noise in his throat. Mrs. Kit yanked Jeff out.

"Wake up" she said. "Ow!" Jeff hollered. He awoke, startled. And apparently breathless. "Okay, no more time for Jeff's silliness" I said, looking up more details on my phone. I sighed.

We kept on walking around and around. Other Tarantulas greeted us, but they had no idea who we were looking for.

"Does this Tarantula even have a name?" Jeff asked, jogging beside me. "Apparently not" I said. Mr. Bear grunted. "All things have names" he said finally.

"Hey, do you know of a Tarantula that does not have a name?" Cinnamon asked some random human carrying a loaf of sandwich meat and a pound of cheese in a basket on his shoulder.

"Um, excuse me? No idea. All Tarantulas so far have names" he said. "Great" Cinnamon said, sighing. "We have no information about the no-name Tarantula" Jeff said finally.