Chapter 2

Mr. Bear drove the car so fast the engine nearly exploded back to Garner. Jeff’s fur was flying out the window, since it was down. Cinnamon was coughing. 

“C’mon, faster!” Adelina yelled. Mrs. Kit was freaked out. 

“The car only goes up to 250 miles per hour! I can’t drive any faster!” Mr. Bear screamed over the noise of the wind.

“Harold’s life is in danger! And he hurt his back! Let’s go!” I yelled. 

Mr. Bear drove even faster. The engine could barely hold itself together. “We’ll need gas soon!” he yelled.

Jeff was swallowing so much air he kept up the hiccups the entire way home. 

“Harold! We’re almost home!” Mrs. Kit screamed. 

“Jeff! Swallow, then hold your breath for like, a minute! It works!” Mr. Bear screamed.

Except, Jeff couldn’t hold his breath that long. 

“Turn left!” Mrs. Kit hollered. Mr. Bear jerked the car left, and it almost flipped over. We all gasped. Jeff stopped holding his breath and choked on his spit. “Are you okay?” Cinnamon shouted.

Jeff gasped, then coughed again. “Uh, my spit went d-down the wrong wa-y-y” he choked, then coughed all over me. 

“That’s disgusting! You’re germs are on me!” I shouted.

“Give Jeff some water!” I yelled. Cinnamon gave him a water bottle. Jeff glugged down the water, and kept choking and hacking until his throat had calmed down and his breathing was settled. 

“Are you okay?” I asked, lowering my voice.

Jeff’s fur had turned reddish from coughing Tarantula Spit all over my side and leg and he looked frightened. “Yeah, I’m okay”.

When we finally arrived home, we all threw the door open to see the kitchen on fire and Harold standing there, scared. 

“Harold! Do something!” Mr. Bear yelled. 

Jeff’s phone rang. Jeff pulled it out. “Aw geez, who is it now? A voice message from oh, who could it be? Harold. Let’s see what the elderly crab had to say now…” Jeff dragged on. The message said, “Uh, hey guys, it’s Harold, your electric company called to say the electricity had stopped working. I’m doin’ alright. Don’t worry about me. Bye”. At the end of the video, Harold had made some sort of kissy noise. 

Jeff put his phone away. Mr. Bear was blowing the fire out with the fire extinguisher. Soon, the fire was out, with smoke covering everything. “It’s over!” Mr. Bear hollered.

Harold’s phone rang. “Uh hello? Oh hey Jeena!” Harold yelled. He ran into Adelina’s bedroom and slammed the door, then we could hear him talking a million miles a minute about absolutely nothing important. 

“Okay. So, we head back to Guyana tomorrow. We find the Tarantula that does not have a name and is apparently dangerous, then we track her” I said. 

“Um, since when were you in charge?” Mr. Bear asked me, even though he was smiling. 

“I just told everyone the plan” I said. Jeff leaned against the wall, his orange-brown eyes peering at the empty box of pizza left on the table. 

“Pizza. Harold ordered pizza” Jeff said finally. Cinnamon swallowed. “Um, Jeff, we had pizza for dinner two nights ago” she said.