There's Nothing Holding Me Back

Shawn's POV

Reality.

Sometimes, I wish it didn't exist. I only wished that I could forever stay with Camila, soaking in our happiness and love. One moment, I'm with her, enjoying Milan - the place where I met the love of my life and the next moment, I'm being questioned in a dark room with only one shed of light which was from the lamp sitting at the edge of the table.

They assured me that they already knew that I had nothing to do with the crime that my father shamelessly commit. But that didn't stop them from wanting whatever that I knew about it, which was truthfully, nothing.

"I already told you. I knew nothing about this. It didn't...seem like my father." I tried so hard not to shed a tear because in all honesty, I hated being sensitive around others and the only person that I truly felt okay with being so sensitive with was Camila.

I so desperately wanted Camila next to me. I wanted her hand to squeeze mine in reassurance or even a glimpse of her smile. I hated doing this alone.

"What about his women? You think she knows anything? I recon her name is...Cam-ill-a?"

I rolled my eyes at how inaccurate the officer with the New York accent was with her name. "It's Cam-ee-la." I rudely interrupted but I sincerely did not have a care in the world.

How dare they try to bring her into this mess. If they had some kind of common sense then they'd recognize that if I had no interpretation of what my father's intentions were, then how would Camila?

They looked dumbfounded, as if they've never been corrected a day in their lives when really, if they were pronouncing anyone else's name wrong then I don't think I'd care so much. But even something as little as that made my blood boil - reasonably it's because it was Camila they were talking about.

"Don't try bringing my girlfriend into this...it's no use, anyways." I rested my back on the very uncomfortable chair, waiting for this to be over.

I just wanted to go home. Yes, my father would have to go to court but I was assured that my participation would be no use as a witness due to the fact that majority of the time, I wasn't in the office when he was in.

I felt bad, I truly did - for wanting nothing more than to go home, back with Camila. But there was nothing I could do for him anymore. He betrayed my trust and now our company would fall apart, we would lose everything - we are going to lose everything. We technically already did.

"Maybe you could start up a new business?" Camila suggested. I had gotten back from the police station about an hour ago and ever since then, we were bouncing ideas off of each other's for what my next step would be.

I stopped pacing for a second to look at her. "I can't...no one would want to invest in me. My father is in jail because he stole from his clients...although I had nothing to do with it, he's still my father and I was still working for him." It would be nearly impossible to gain an investor's respect, considering all that has happened. My father had just maybe, ruined my career.

"I'm an investor...I'll invest in you." I knew that she was one but it had completely slipped my mind. A lot of people that my father did business with were all invested and founded by Camila but I'm only now hearing about it. They were all extremely successful but how wrong would it be for me to get my girlfriend to help me get back on my feet?

"I can't ask you to do that...you even know that if this was anyone else, you wouldn't invest in someone with such a messy business past." I fell onto the couch beside her, tired of thinking.

"Maybe, maybe not but I will invest in your company." She squeezed my thigh. I knew that she was serious. "You don't even know what kind of business I want to sustain." I chuckled.