Wattpad Original

Acknowledgments

Thank you, first of all, to the team at Wattpad for this opportunity and all the others over the years. I couldn't have grown up in a better and more supportive writing community. Thank you especially to I-Yana Tucker for believing in this story from day one and being the strongest advocate for me and my writing. Because of you, I always knew Ethan and Juniper would be in good hands.

To my incomparable editor, Kortney Morrow, for reminding me with every draft that the editing process can be as rewarding as it is challenging. Thank you for dedicating so much time and care to this project, for getting to know my characters so well, and giving such valuable insights. I'm so proud of how the story has turned out, and I couldn't have gotten it here without you.

To the wonderful writing teachers and professors I've had over the years, from middle school to college: Gail Nowak, Sara Pearlman, Carlene Shultz, Tom Bailey, Joanna Howard, Meredith Steinbach, Stacy Kastner, Colin Channer, and Lori Baker, among others. Thank you for teaching me to love writing and reminding me of that love again and again.

To my parents, Gina and Lloyd McQueen—you always said I would be a published author one day. Look, I did it! Thank you for your unwavering encouragement of my writing; I'm so lucky to have parents who support my craziest dreams and aren't surprised when they come true.

And finally, thank you to everyone who has read this story on Wattpad over the years. Thank you for loving it as it was and for spending time with it as it is now. I owe so much of my growth and confidence as a writer to this community, and I will always be grateful.