Prologue

Love was such a weird emotion. It had the power to create and destruct. It could change fate but at the same time seal destiny. It was a weird emotion that not even the gods could comprehend. It was also the reason why a particular god was acting a bit off.

Apollo god of the sun, medicine, poetry, music, prophecy, truth, and archery was in love. He was hopelessly and utterly in love. It was clear by the loving expression on his face as he peered down into the mortal world.

It was Artemis who first realized Apollo was in love. Artemis is Apollo's twin and was a bit curious whenever he rushed out after a meeting. So, with her hunter skills, she skillfully followed her brother to a group of clouds as he used the cushions to peered downward.

She approached cautiously hoping to catch a glance at whatever her brother was spying on. She also prayed it wasn't something indecent or bad. And if it was anything good, she could use it as blackmail against her brother.

With those reassuring thoughts, she reached her brother's side who hadn't noticed her appearance. No, Apollo was to memorized by whatever was below him. Artemis looked down only to see a maiden walking next to a familiar black-haired boy.

The girl was nothing special among mortals she had (h/l) (h/c) hair as she wore a white dress. Her (e/c) eyes seemed to sparkle in the sunlight as a cheerful smile adorned her face.

The boy by her side had black hair that stuck up in some places and glittering blue eyes. He was a bit shorter compared to the girl showing that he was younger than her. But he also held a large net of fish that wiggled in his net.

"Isn't she beautiful?" Apollo questioned catching Artemis off guard. Apollo's blue eyes were pinned on the (h/c) haired girl who was laughing at whatever the boy had said.

Artemis sat by her brother looking down into the mortal world. "That boy looks familiar."

Apollo nodded absentmindedly. "Perseus, he's our half brother."

Artemis crinkled her nose a bit. "I see." She responded. "Who is the girl?" She asked deciding to indulge her brother who was more interested in the female.

"(F/N)." Apollo whispered fearing she would notice if he said her name. Luckily the girl just laughed as she held a rather large fish. "She's the daughter of a shepherd."

It was clear even the maiden goddess that Apollo was smitten with the mortal girl. Artemis was more surprised that her twin hadn't made any advances towards the unsuspecting female.

"How long have you been watching her?" Artemis asked curiously.

"A year," Apollo responded not at all ashamed of his stalking.

"A year?!" Artemis said her voice rising from shook. She was unaware her brother could stay away from a woman that long.

Apollo nodded to confirm it. "An entire year, and she doesn't even know it."

"Why haven't you-" Artemis paused pondering if continuing was a good idea. Yes, she was the god of maidenhood and the mortal girl was one. But she was confused at the fact her brother, who was a well-known ladies man, hadn't even tried to court the girl.

But the words died out when she saw the (h/c) haired girl hug the boy tightly. They exchanged a smile before he disappeared into a small house. The girl walked away unaware of the two gods who were spying on her.

"Oh," Artemis said understanding shy Apollo hasn't tried to talk to the mortal.

Apollo sighed pushing himself into a sitting position. His usual shining hair seems to dim a bit from the display of affection. "Yeah. She's close to Perseus."

"You think he's courting her?" Artemis asked her twin.

"He chases off all her suitors," Apollo said leaning onto his palm. "And I've seen her kiss his cheek."

Artemis raised an eyebrow. "But you don't know for sure?"

"I guess not," Apollo replied finally looking over at his twin.

In terms of appearance, the two looked very different. Apollo had shining gold hair with slightly tan skin while Artemis had dark black hair with pale skin. The only similarity they shared were their blue eyes the inherited from their father. Apollos was always bright while Artemis was cold and commanding. It was hard to believe they were twins.

"And yet you still watch her?" Artemis asked Apollo.

Apollos tan cheeks colored a bit pink. "Yeah." He said honestly. "Is that bad?"

Artemis raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms over her chest. "She might be marrying another man." She told him.

Apollo frowned understanding what she was saying. "But they aren't married yet, they don't even live together."

"Well, when they do wed you must leave her alone," Artemis told her brother.

Instead of frowning at the thought of his beloved getting married, Apollo grinned. "Then I'll just have to court her as well and win her hand in marriage!"

"You! Marry!" Artemis asked on the verge of laughing at her twin. The ultimate bachelor on Mount Olympus getting married. It was a funny thing, and there's was no way he'd actually go through with it.

Apollo didn't seem to hear the laughter as he looked down at the (h/c) haired girl who was sitting among a few sheep as she leaned onto her wooden staff. "Yes, anything for her."

____________________________________________________________________________

AN

So according to the internet, Ancient Greek men could happily cheat on their wives and wives couldn't cheat on their husbands.

Which explains all the maiden goddess and Hera.