●One●

Everyone is assigned a soulmate. But you've heard stories before, read about them before. The world's monochrome when suddenly colour appears, or you only see one colour, the same as your soulmate, or most commonly, the red string of fate. Those are stereotypes. They are not what actually happens. In actuality, soulmates have a spiritual connection. They always meet, and when they do, a feeling of warmth arises in their chest... no longer are the walls of solitude standing, instead, your heart chooses to confide itself in the other's palms, their warmth as your heart is no longer your own, nor is it the one under your control. No, it's theirs. People refer to this as - you may have heard of it-...a fateful encounter. Yes, to those of you reading this, as you may have guessed, this is the story of a fateful encounter that birthed two paths, one of ruin and betrayal and another of peace and love, however both paved with sorrow.
Now, let me further explain the finer points of this 'soulmates' idea. No, you will not mistake your soulmate for soemone else. It's impossible to. You'll know if they're true or not, it's a ethereal feeling. Your life takes to the light and your heart takes flight, oh how the blossomed petals fell, just as you did, oh how I scorned the world for letting my dear rose wilt, oh how I mourned the world for letting my dear rose wither.
Those bold enough to challenge the logistics of the universe will care not for their soulmate and will please whoever they feel fit, but oh how cruel God is, oh how cruel the punishment they recieve is, oh how cruel, oh how cruel...How cruel~
When a soulmate dies, however their death, you will be reminded of, through nightmares repeated every night until one day, you either die under the sombre watch of the smudges of grey looming in the sky or you no longer care for what the world thinks of you. You mock the world as it mocks you back. Or...was that all a lie? Who knows? Not you, nor Nagito Komaeda nor Kokichi Ouma. The world is vague and the light is hazy... or is it fading...? Who..? Who am I..?

"Morning sleepyhead~"