Chapter Two: Orphan No More

So, the man showed Nub around his house for a little bit. It was pretty nice. Then Nub examined the man's jacket some more. It had an Epic Face on the back of it. The Man noticed Nub's staring.
      "Oh, you like my jacket?" He smiled. "Um, yeah, it's pretty cool.", Nub replied. "Oh, well here." The man outstretched his arm
     In his hand dangling was the jacket. "F-for me?", Nub said unsure. "Yeah, my pleasure!", he said. "Oh, well thanks!", Nub said. Nub took it, and put it on.
     It was obviously loose. I'll just grow into it., Nub thought. After that Nub and the man were just telling each other about themselves. "Alright Nub, I have to go somewhere real quick, just stay here. Okay?" "Oh, alright."
     Nub had fully trusted that the man would come back. But Nub waited hours, then days. After a long time, it was safe to assume that the man would not be coming back. And all Nub had to remember him was his jacket.

*     *     *

     Nub decided that if he doesn't become friends, or family with anybody, he can't be let down. I'm DONE feeling betrayed... It's time to make a change. Nub once again, sat on his bench. He was just plain bored now, and all the stress on his little 6-year-old body was making him feel sick.
     But he couldn't help but think about how close he was to having a home. A real family. Hmm... I guess it wouldn't hurt to just keep living in that guy's house. I mean, we were basically almost family. So Nub decided to get off of his butt and headed back toward the house.

     So Nub entered his house. Well, guess this is my new home. The first thing Nub did is tidy up the house a bit, and after a good day's cleaning, it was finally night time. Then, he went and looked in the fridge. Lucky for him, it had tons of food that could last him a good while.
     Nub decided to help himself to some ice cream. In fact, he's never even had it before. He took a taste. Man, this stuff's delicious! After a nice meal, he went into his new bedroom.
     He went on the top bunk of the bunk bed that was left in the bedroom, and fell fast asleep.