Support - Steven/Peter

- Steven x Peter -

It was a cool night at the Kennedy residence. Sitting on the couch were two bodies. One held a more relaxed posture while the other looked stressed.

The television cast a bright glow onto their bodies.

Peter glanced over at his wife and took notice to the troubled expression she held while watching the movie Peter had picked out.

Peter tilted his head to get a better look at his wife before speaking, "Caroline? What's wrong dear? Do you not like the movie? I could change it if you want.."

Caroline hadn't moved a bit, she still sat there. Staring blankly at the television screen.

"Hello? Caroline?"Peter spoke as he reached out for her hand.

"Ah-" Caroline stuttered out as she quickly pulled her hand away.

"Caroline... what's going on-" Peter was cut off as his wife spoke.

"I'm sorry Peter." She looked down and spoke in a quiet voice.

"I can't do this anymore."

Peter, eyebrows furrowed in confusion, he questioned, "What- What do you mean you can't do this anymore?"

As Caroline looked up at Peter he took some time to take in some of her facial features. Her face held a pained expression, he hadn't realized before how tired she looked, her usually bright eyes were now glossed over and dull, and she had dark eye bags underneath them. Looking down at her hands he noticed that they were tightly clamped together and her body was shaking slightly.

Focusing his vision back up he reached his arm out.

But his wife had quickly gotten up off the couch and now stood up near the door before he could even touch her.

Peter's breath hitched, in a soft voice he questioned, "Caroline... what are you doing..? Come sit back down..."

A few tears spilled from Caroline's eyes, using her sleeve to wipe them away she opened her mouth and spoke,"I- you're not the same Peter... you're.. different..".

Peter stood up from the couch and shouted, "What do you mean 'I'm different?!' Caroline, I'm the same man you fell in love with years ago! J-just because I've got a phone for a head now doesn't make me any different!" Clutching the sides of his 'head' he let out a frustrated sigh.

Caroline looked a bit frightened if we're being honest, Peter took note of that and quickly changed his tone of voice.

"I- I mean.. Why don't you sit back d-down on the couch? Huh? We can....we can sit down and ta-talk about this, Caroline.." Peter quickly sputtered out.

Peters arms made small motions to the couch as he felt sweat drip from his neck onto his back.

If Caroline even noticed his panicked stuttering she didn't acknowledge it. Caroline clearly showed no signs of moving to the couch anytime soon, instead she placed her hand on the door knob and opened the door.

Peter's eyebrows raised as he let out a choked gasp before bolting towards his wife and slamming his entire upper arm on the door in an effort to close it.

"Caroline! Wh- I don't understand! Why? Why are you leaving me now? I've- I've just got you back! After they forced me to spend years at that god awful place they call a pizzeria! After they took most of my memories! Are- aren't you happy I'm back? Did you- did you not miss me at all..?" Peter's voice got quiet as he had to refrain himself from breaking down on the spot.

"Peter." Caroline spoke, "Peter, I love you, but I know we won't work out for much longer-"

"No-no you don't! You don't know that!" Peter cut her off.

"Haha- you-you said it yourself! You still love me! We-we could find a way to make us work! C-Carol-".

"Peter please listen to me!" His wife shouted as she reached out to grip his hand, her eyes pleading as she looked up at him. "Please listen.. I think this would be for the best.. no- please Peter, don't cut me off again. I think it's best for the both of us to go our separate ways."
She spoke softly. Raising her hand to cup the side of his 'head'. "Y-you can stay at the house.. I'll find a place somewhere don't worry.." She then whispered one final thing to the phone headed man before pulling away from him.

Peter backed up from the door, his breathing uneven and heavy. His thoughts all disoriented, his heart was pounding and he heard ringing in his ears as he watched her take a pair of car keys off the wall, open the door and leave without once looking back.

"Carol- Caroline what.. what is- I-I.." Tightly gripping the sides of his phone head he fell onto his knees and let out a cry, his dial leaking and making small 'ring' noises as he stuttered and sobbed, his body then falling onto the floor as he climbed into a fetal position trying his hardest to catch his breath.

He couldn't.

His vision started fading into black, the ringing in his ears kept getting louder, eventually dulling out the movie, he couldn't stop crying, he couldn't stop desperately gasping for air. His hands aggressively clawing at his neck. The last thing he remembered before blacking out was muffled footsteps coming from the stairs and a purple and orange figure calling out his name.