𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

I recommend listening to Rosyln by Bon Iver & St. Vincent

┏━━━━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━━━━┓

La'kea watched the prince bustled back and forth across their small apartment, gathering various items into a small pack that he slung across his back.

"Are you sure you don't want me to help with... Whatever you're doing?" She asked, brows raised at the sight.

"Don't worry, I got it," The prince held open the door to the apartment for her, calling out to his uncle behind him. "We'll be back."

She blinked, smiling although confused. "Are we running away?" She joked. Zuko had woken her up that morning to tell her that they were going to be out all day, and to wear something fit for walking. But he hadn't told her what they were going to be doing.

He rolled his eyes, "We're not running away. I just don't want to spend our day off inside the apartment."

"Aren't you worried Iroh might get lonely," She glanced above them as they stepped onto the street.

Zuko just stared at her for a moment before shaking his head, giving her a gentle push as they started walking. "He'll be fine, drinking tea and doing whatever he does." Her laugh bounced off the walls of the street.

She followed his lead, still unaware of what he had planned, and part of her was tempted to question him, but the other part said he was trying to surprise her. And as they gossiped and ridiculed about their worst customers together, La'kea didn't bother hiding her small smile.

Her brain stopped short of forming words as her hand brushed against his unintentionally. She shivered despite the warm day, clearing her throat as she looked up at the prince. "Okay, I have to know," He raised a brow at her question, "Where are we going?"

The corner's of his mouth twitched up, "You'll know it when you hear it."

The face she made caused him to snort, "What is that supposed- Oh!" Her eyes grew wide as she bounced on the balls of her feet, "The music festival! I completely forgot that was today, I can't believe I almost missed it."

Zuko's heart skipped a beat as she wrapped her hand around his arm and was suddenly dragging him through the streets.

True to his word, she heard the strange but delightful sounds suddenly filled the air as they reached the large town circle. La'kea bit back a delighted squeal.

There were dozens of stages and platforms, some filled with groups of people playing instruments, others held only one solo artist. Huge crowds of people littered the circle, some simply enjoying the free entertainment. Others had formed groups that danced around to the music playfully. The shops that lined the open area had their windows and doors wide open to invite patrons, multiple market stalls were set up selling anything and everything.

Zuko looked down at the islander who was practically buzzing in place. "Where do you want to start?"

She exhaled sharply, puffing up her cheeks comically. "I have no idea, there's so many different options." Three years at sea hadn't given her much experience with this worlds form of music, but what little she had heard was fascinating.

The prince gave half a shrug, "Take your time. We have all day," He looked over her head at something. "I'm going to grab us some food. Don't go anywhere." With a light touch at her shoulder, he disappeared into the crowd.

La'kea tried to heed his suggestion, she knew he would be displeased at having to search for her. But as a sharp melodic sound was drawn out into the air, she couldn't help but gravitate towards it.