Chapter One

"I love him."

"Yes, you do."

It never changed. Camila would say something that, in Lauren's mind, was an attack towards her boyfriend. An "I love him" tailing Camila's nonchalant bash to the boy. The defensive, yet genuine, words left Camila unfazed as she responded with a simple agreement that yes, Lauren did indeed love her boyfriend of three years.

"Then stop insulting him."

"Stop justifying the two of you."

Lauren frowned and huffed, "I'm not arguing with you about this. You get all angry and start to make no sense."

Camila flipped through the magazine in front of her sight. "Fine, whatever you say Lauren. I guess today isn't the day you see clarity."

"What did you say?" the green eyes became visible as she leaned down at eye level.

"Nothing," Camila smiled sweetly, this time not mumbling.

The green eyed girl hovered in Camila's peripheral vision until she let out a deep sigh and slumped against the couch.

"You infuriate me."

"It's good we're best friends then, eh Laur?"

A string of grumbles was all Camila got as the other Cuban rose and drifted off to her room. 

Camila's face finally fell as her body lost all the tension it was holding. Finally she could let her face represent how worried she was inside. Wyatt. Wyatt would be there soon. Wyatt would be here to try to take Lauren away from her.

"Shit," Camila let out a shaky breath and placed two fingers on her temples. She shouldn't have been starting anything with Lauren on a Wyatt day. Today could very well be the day he asks her to move in with him. Then he will ask her to get married. Then they will have kids and a dog. They'll have grandchildren, but before that they'll go on grand adventures together and share every part of themselves to one another.

Camila was getting ahead of herself. But the thing was that it was possible, probable even. The two were in love, after all.

She couldn't help it. The thought of losing her Lauren was worse than her worst nightmare. Not losing her as in just losing the person she currently lives with, but losing her chance. Camila didn't know why, but for some reason, Lauren moving out of their apartment and into her boyfriends was big. It solidified the fact that Camila was in love with her best friend, and Lauren was in love and happily sharing that part of her life with another.

Camila honestly did not know what to do. She was watching on the sidelines as the events leading to a whole lot of shit unraveling occurred right in front of her. She was a coward. A mask was put on in front of her face when Lauren walked in the room. Camila could convince herself she was doing it for Lauren, for their friendship. Putting on a brave face with a touch of nonchalance was Camila's forte. But was it really fair of her to hide her feelings? She was basically giving Lauren no chance to take her.

"Camz, where are the towels?"

The brown eyed girl sat up straighter and turned on the couch to face the voice. "My room. Sorry I keep forgetting to put them back."

"I know," Lauren chuckled, "Just like you have every day for the last year and a half."

Camila feels the cushions shift as Lauren jumps into the spot next to Camila and sits criss cross directly in front of her.

Camila's heart jump starts as Lauren gives her one hundred percent attention and studies her profile. If she were to talk, she would surely ruin this moment, so she waited for Lauren's first words, curious to what they would be.