~ Chapter 143. ~

Norman persisted in signing a couple more autographs, regardless of his friend's grip, who was getting more and more insistent and trying to snatch him from the arms of his fans.
He always remained a little displaced when he saw the tears of those girls and felt his heart tighten at the thought of not satisfying them with a picture or autograph.
The bodyguard worriedly checked his mobile phone, trying to get in touch with the driver, to keep him ready to go. The driver had already called him several times, but the clamor of the crowd and above all the maximum attention that he had to hold in those moments had been so much, that he had failed to respond.

"Norman... Let's go!", hetold him more firmly, taking him by the waist and freeing him from the grip of a lady who was no longer young but wild.

"Yes..."

The bodyguard spotted the large black limousine with the darkened windows, which was waiting for them across the street. Of course, if he had waited for Norman, they would have stayed there until the next morning but he had to go now.
After ten minutes of deafening screams and hysterical cries, the bodyguard decided to take the situation in hand and grabbed him by the shoulders, dragging him away and unleashing the wrath of hundreds of people.

"Hurry!"

The actor reproached him laughing, as he greeted his delirious audience with a final nod.

"Do you know what time it is?"

The bodyguard continued to hold him close, followed a short distance from two other security guards, who would then climb into a second car behind them.
Norman was tired, but the euphoria continued to keep him on his feet. Not even that night would he sleep but at least not because of nightmares.
He now squeezed the small golden statue.

"And now what do we do with this?", he asked jokingly to his friend, approaching the car.

"Oh, if you give it to your wife I'm sure she'll break it on your head for the whole time you made her wait!"

They exchanged a knowing look and the man opened the door for him, looking around to make sure there was nothing strange, apart of course from a crowd of journalists and fans who were trying to rush to their car. It was all a matter of their speed...

"Finally, but where the fuck did you go? Didn't you see that I called you?"

He immediately attacked his colleague, who looked at him without understanding and turned to Norman.
There was something very strange in the man and in all that situation. The driver sat in his seat and clutched Y/N's hand, which clung to him without making a sound.

"What is going on in here?"

"What do you think? Do you know how long I've been trying to call you? I certainly couldn't leave her here alone!"

Norman looked worriedly at his wife's pale face and immediately recognized the grimace.

"Y/N?"

The woman struggled to open her eyes but the pain was too strong to distract herself. It was the driver who intervened in her place, not leaving her hand even for a second.

"When she arrived, it was just a bit strange, then the situation got worse in a few minutes. I tried to convince her to go to the hospital but there was no way... She preferred to wait for you!"

"It's... It's too early!"

The woman's suffering voice made its way through the excited breaths.
Everything was going too fast compared to their daughter's birth and neither did know what to expect now.
Norman grabbed her hand, freeing the driver so he could get back behind the wheel.