Chapter 11

A few hours had passed by since breakfast and the now fifteen year old Steve Harrington was sitting on the couch, looking through the channels as Max called for the other party members to come over. Billy planned on just keeping the boy distracted for the rest of the day until he fell asleep.

Billy was watching over Steve, making sure he didn't run off. He seemed pretty capable of taking care of himself at this age, but he was not willing to let him wander around alone.
"Hey Stevie- " Billy started but was cut off.
"Don't call me that," the teen was quick to say, not even looking at Billy as he spoke, "I'm not a little kid anymore. It's Steve."

Billy stares at the back of Steve's head and rolled his eyes. "Fine... Steve. We were planning on having everybody in your pool. You in?" Billy asked. He watched Steve pause and then look back at him with a raised eyebrow.
"The pool? I'm good," he shrugged, "and I have plans."
"Well we- Wait. What the hell do you mean you have plans?" Billy asked and Steve groaned.
"I met some girl this morning when I was getting the paper. She invited me to her place for a party," Steve said with another shrug, holding up the newspaper.

That was when Max walked in. "Steve, you aren't going to a party tonight. You need to stay here with us," Billy informed him.
"No I don't. You aren't my dad, Billy. Plus, I don't want to hang out with you guys all the time. Don't get me wrong, I like you, but I wanna have my own life," Steve said, glaring at Billy.

Billy was ready to snap at him but the teen was lucky there was a knock on the door. Max ran to get it and opened it wide to see Will and Mike standing there with Nancy and Jonathan.
Billy and Steve both looked over to the four people who just entered.

"This little shit wants to go to a party," Billy said flatly as Steve whined.
"Dude! What the hell! You know they'll try and stop me."

"Steven Harrington! You are not going to a party. You will spend the day with all of us and you'll like it," Nancy said in a firm voice, making everyone stop and stare at her.
Billy watched as Steve sunk down into the couch and mumbled out a 'fine,' before flicking the television off and going to the bathroom.

"Nancy, what was that..?" Jonathan asked, surprised at how easily Steve surrendered.
"Hmm? Oh... when we were dating, he'd get a little eager to go drink or go to parties but I usually just had to tell him firmly that he wasn't allowed to and it worked," the girl shrugged, everyone still slightly stunned.
"Well whatever works, works I guess," Billy shrugged. The small group waited for everyone else to show up.

Around ten minutes later, everyone was in Steve's pool. The kids were all swimming around, playing some type of game. Nancy and Jonathan were sitting on the steps and Steve and Billy sat on some lounge chairs.

Billy noticed that Steve seemed pretty bummed out. He wasn't going into the water when Dustin asked him to.
"Hey man. What's wrong?" Billy asked, looking at the brown eyes teen.
"Billy did- did something happen to me..?" He asked.
The question made Billy freeze for a moment. Did he realize that he had turned younger and was starting to remember everything?
"What do you mean, Steve?" He asked.

"I guess I'm bummed I can't go to the party but there's something else," he started, "Well... when I was getting the newspaper... the date was weird. A lot later than yesterday's was... years later! And- and all the shows on the television were new... I haven't even heard of any of them... and- and I read that the carnival we went to the other day is still up! But that was years ago... right..?"

Billy stared at Steve and sighed. "Okay, Steve look... we haven't told you anything about it but... you got turned into a kid not too long ago..." Billy said, "I know it sounds insane- but it's true. Look you should be normal by tomorrow, okay..?"

Steve's world practically stopped. He stared at his lap and then looked at Billy. "How... how old was I normally..?" He asked.
"Eighteen... just out of high school."
"How did it happen?"
"You were babysitting these brats. El has these powers and she was sick. She sneezed and accidentally did this."

Everyone was listening to the conversation now, having realized what they were talking about.
"Wh- I'm not... I'm fifteen now... wh-what if I don't turn back!? Oh my god am I gonna have to repeat high school all over again? Billy I can't do that!" Steve said, freaking out.

"Hey, hey! Easy big guy... listen, you'll be fine. No more school for you, buddy. Look, you should be back to normal by tomorrow," Billy said, placing a hand on Steve's knee.

Steve offered a small smile and he nodded. He didn't want to believe that he had been turned into a kid but... it made sense. His memories were extremely fuzzy and he trusted Billy on this.

"Okay... great... so I basically just... wait?" He asked.
"Yup. Wait and you'll be normal again," Billy said, "now go have fun and play or something."

Steve chuckled and grinned. He stood up and stuck his hand out for Billy to take, which he did. The two stood at the edge of the pool and Billy shoved Steve in, but the other dragged him in with him, causing everyone to laugh. They all agreed to play Marco Polo and have a diving contest until it got dark.

Hey guys! So the next chapter may be the last one. I hope you all enjoyed and the one shots are in their way!