CHAPTER 8

I woke up the next morning feeling better, Alan was lying on the couch with Ivan sprawled on the floor. I let out a giggle. Beside my bedside I saw a note on a small box. I picked it up carefully and read the note, it read to Hazel in the hope you'll forgive me. I opened the box, it was the latest iPhone. OMG. I just stared at it because I didn't know what to do with it, I've never had a phone so...

While in my dilemma Alan started to stir and fell of the couch right unto Ivan who screamed and woke up. There was confusion for a moment before Alan stood up and helped his elder brother up. They both turned to me who just stared at them.

'Hazel, did we wake you up?' Ivan asked and I shook my head. Next came in Dorothy swinging her clip board.

'who screamed?' she asked us. Ivan blushed hard and Alan just avoided looking at her. I gave a blank stare. If they won't talk neither will I. 'nobody?' they quickly nodded their heads in relief. She turned to me.

'how do you feel?'

'better' I murmured.

'well, that's awesome, because you're stable now, get her something to eat' the nurse ordered.

'I'm not hungry, thanks' I replied her. She looked at me and ignored my comment. 'get her something to eat' she repeated. Then she went to work disconnecting this and that. Soon I was able to stand up. She left again leaving me and my brothers.

'we've got to go, we'll be back in a short while, if you need anything call the nurse,' Alan instructed. They left. I settled down in my bed and grabbed the book I was reading yesterday. The book was very interesting.

Alan came back without Ivan, with food items. I wasn't even hungry but tell that to nurse Dorothy.

'ok, time to eat Hazel' he handed me a burger and milkshake, which I ate little of just to encourage him in his good work, before taking my pills.' Simon is getting some homework for you since you'll miss school for a week' Alan told me. I gave a nod.

'do you answer only in nods and I word sentences?' he asked me. I stared at him for a while before I answered.

'only with strangers' we went silent. The day passed so quickly and soon it was time to leave. Ivan came back to take us home. Nurse Dorothy came back to give instructions before we left.

'ensure she eats well, but not too much so she won't throw up, have a lot of rest and don't bother her much'

'we'll try' Alan answered getting me off the bed. I gave nurse Dorothy a parting hug before I walked out with my brothers.

The ride home was pretty silent, we soon got home. We all got out of the car once we went in all the other boys came running out to see me.

'you're home' Simon yelled.

'finally' Percy added.

'give her space guys, show her her room' Alan ordered. Simon was the first to grab my hands and lead up the stairs. The hall that held the rooms was very large and long. He just kept talking as he dragged me along with him until we came to a door, white in color.

'close your eyes,' he told me and I complied. I could feel him lead me inside. 'open' he yelled. I opened my eyes and gasped. My room was awesome. The walls colored a bright peach, it had a queen sized bed, a window seat, a walk in closet, a bathroom and a mini library. I took all this in silently. Never in my life did I dream of this.

'you like it?' Ivan asked. He was standing at the door with my other brothers. I nodded in response.

'let's show you the rest of the house' we walked out exploring the upstairs first, the house had 3 floors, the last floor had a few guestrooms, storage, movie room, the second floor had the children rooms, a game room, the last floor held the kitchen, living room, dad's room, an office, the indoor gym and lastly a large library.

'omg' I murmured once I walked in. it was huge with about 12 shelves all filled with books, a stair leading to the upmost shelves, a fire place, couches, bean bags and a grand piano at one corner.

'is this a library?' Percy asked. We all rolled our eyes at him and ignored his question.

'this is going to be my favorite place' I whispered more to myself but I guess Alan heard it because he replied.

'I'm sure it will be, let's leave you settle a bit, right boys?' the triplets grumbled but the others grabbed them and took them out. I quickly settled down on a bean bag and picked the first book I saw.