Yandere! Merman x Reader

꧁ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔸𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕔 𝕆𝕔𝕖𝕒𝕟 ꧂

❥ ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕤 ༒ 𝕊𝕙𝕖/ℍ𝕖𝕣
❥ 𝕀𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥 ༒ 𝔸𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕔 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕒𝕟

   Living within a small fishing town as a ship captains daughter was an easy life. There was no king, or mayor, that taxed you, and the only time someone was required to purchase something was when one of the fishermen brought in only a few, tasty fish. Or when the traveling merchant came to town with a cart of new clothes, and crops, sometimes a chicken or two. Yet, sometimes the people of the town got boring, and repetitive. Seeing the same people doing the same things at the same times every single day could send someone crazy.

   Especially if said someone was an adventurous 20 year old woman named Y/N. Yet her yearn for adventure never got her far, as the village she lived in with her father was located on a small island north of Antarctica. Far enough they had decently cold winters, and hot but short summers. By the end of her 18th summer she had explored nearly all of the above ground, from the edge of the dense pine trees untouched by the village, to the highest she could walk on the cliff peak opposite said forest. The island was about a quarter size of those island, enough to support one village and walk from side to side within only 4 hours starting from the furthest beach.

   Living on the island was a lonely existence without friends or family, and the villagers knew this. With the lack of a prison building, people of wrong doing are were beat with brooms, and ones who committed the worst of all crimes were thrown into the ocean to fend for themselves. With no government to tell them otherwise this is what the village did in means of keeping themselves safe and alive. But of course, with also the lack of any law enforcement it caused the people to leave the punishments based off of democracy. This sometimes leads to an unfair judgement by the village, making an innocent man well framed die.

   This was the fate of a boy named Matthew Williams. A friend of Y/N, a friend she had know since she was born. He was her neighbor all through her child and teenage hood, settling in a deep place in her heart. So when he was framed for a murder of a small child only born yesterday, and decided to be thrown to the ocean, her heart broke. She knew he would have never done such a horrid act to the villagers.

   The day was gloomy, almost as if mother nature was grieving for a fallen child, rain plummeted to the ground. Two large and burly men charged into the Williams home, despite the screams and pleas of his mother and little sister, they pulled the young man out of his home. His struggling left a trail in the muddy paths, leading to the docks where two men stood. Y/N father and on of his friends, a small fishing boat floating next to the creaky dock. Knowing about the event taking place Y/N had woken early, and stood quietly next to her father.

Hot tears falling down her face as she watched her friend being drug to his death. As she was noticed his pleas for freedom died down as he stared at her with sad and pleading eyes.

"Y/N please! Tell them, you know I would never do this! Please!"

She turned her head away as she wiped her face with the sleeve of her light parka, pulled the hood down so the fur lining hid her tired and glossy eyes. Seeing the betrayal Matthew went silent as he was lifted into the boat and had his hands tied together behind his back. By now over half of the village parents had gathered around, the women wrapping their sleep robes tightly around their frame, few holding their trembling children close to their sides. Others peaked outside their frosty windows, watching as the young man was being prepared for death. When the boys engine started the men and Y/N climbed into the dirty boat, Y/N sitting in front of her childhood friend.