ii. TWO

title : bleeding heart

fandom : percy jackson

characters : marcy/macy rothschild

faceclaim : undecided, but a person of colour.

status : available

summary :

WARNING: NOT FOR THE
THORN-HEARTED.

     THERE ARE MANY dos and don'ts in the turbulent world of myth and monster ( i.e. never punch a hellhound in the nose, you must always sacrifice the tastiest part of your meal and do not ever piss off a child of Hecate ─── they're vicious! ) but perhaps the most basic, age-old don't there is is that you must never, ever anger the gods. The sage, immortal beings who bleed gold. Who preach benevolence to hide a heart full of spite. The deities who view a century as a mere blip in time.

     Yes, those gods.

     One snide remark, one roguish insult, or one hate-filled damnation at them could lead to decades of suffering ─── or, in Marcy Rothschild's case, a vicious curse that some divine douchebag had placed on her for, seemingly, no reason! For whenever there was the slightest crush, or there was a person who turned Mar's head, she would feel a sharp, scratchy feeling begin to crawl around in the pit of her stomach and climb it's way up the walls. Nothing at all like butterflies ─── more like unrelenting thorns.

     Despite the fact that this curse could very well end in her untimely death, Mar wasn't at all worried ─── she didn't plan to fall in love and she was certain that nobody planned to fall for her either. I mean, sure, there was the odd crush here and there ─── but when your life is threatened by even the mere thought of love, you tend to get over those pretty damn quickly ( but Mar would admit that Charles Beckendorf was particularly hard to get over. )

  As a daughter of Persephone, most held her at arm's length. Any kind of relationship stopped at a hello and a sweet smile. Mar was peculiar. An anomaly. An outlier, even ─── for her mother was the frosty queen of the Underworld, but also the warm goddess of spring. Just like her mother, Mar was on-and-off. Hot and cold. One could never really tell what she was thinking ─── and Mar had convinced herself that she was okay with that.

     As a result of her prickly affliction, Mar had never really let anyone close, in fear that any semblance of friendship might lead to something more ─── and by more, I mean love. . .as well as her death.

     But when Grover Underwood, a kindly satyr, comes back with a bedraggled Percy Jackson in tow, Mr D decides makes her an offer she can't refuse ( she literally can't refuse or he'll freakin' smite her ), and her feelings and philosophies get thrown for a loop when she's faced with her biggest fear: friendship.

notes :

- honestly, the whole plot is just angst LMAOOO.

- mar has a huge, thorny crush on one of the main characters in the series ( out of grover, percy and annabeth ). id say choose either annabeth or percy because then there can be ANGST and mar might think percy/annabeth like each other when they dont and TEA.

- i planned for this to be a slow burn and for mar x canon to dramatically confess their feelings for each other in the lost hero or the mark of athena.

- honestly, go crazy go stupid with this plot ahh