Pevensie Roleplay Part 3:

TWO WEEKS AFTER GINA'S DEATH.

It was another morning. The weather was beautiful. Everything was peaceful.
But the Kings' and Queens' hearts were still heavy with grief.
All of them were coping in their own ways.

Queen Susan stood on her balcony, her heart feeling a little bit empty now that part of it was gone.
"It's a new day," she thought, " new day to hide your grief. Don't show them your hurt."
She stood there for a while, regathering her thoughts.
As she stepped back inside, she made her way to her closet and started looking though her dresses.
She stopped suddenly and saw a flash of red and gold.
It was the dress Gina wore to the party they had before she died.
It was a deep red, with gold details that looked so delicate and beautiful.
Susan stared at the dress for a little bit.
It was so stunning and elegant...
Susan started to tear up as she remembered her dear cousin in the dress.
Then she shook her head.
"Don't you dare cry," she whispered to herself.
She snatched the dress off and threw it at the back of her closet.
She quickly pulled out a simple dress and slammed the closet shut. Then she changed behind her divider and went back out into the balcony.
"You are not going to cry," she tried to promise herself, "you're never crying again."
But she couldn't quite cope with herself. She needed to leave.
Susan ran out of her room and hurried through the castle, and she rushed out into the garden.
She sped through the side gate and made her way into the woods on a large boulder.
She plopped down.
"How can I keep it in?! It's my nightmares come true!"
She started to tear up.
"But you can't cry," she told herself as she took a deep breathe, "you've managed to keep your feelings to yourself for two years. You can take it longer."

Peter didn't want to get out of bed.
"Perhaps this is all a bad dream. I'm sure I'll wake up from it soon," he thought.

Usually, Peter would get up at around 6 A.M. to attend to his duties and get an early start on the day ahead...

But it was currently 9:28 A.M.

Edmund, who was quite worried about his older brother, went upstairs and knocked on his bedroom door.

Peter slowly got up and walked over to the door, his shoulders hunched over.

"Who is it?" Peter groaned.

"It's Edmund," Edmund called out.

When Peter opened the door, Edmund wasn't really surprised at his current state.

His golden hair was messy and untamed, and his usually bright blue eyes seemed to be darkened with sadness and bloodshot.

They were puffed up and red, and Edmund guessed that he hasn't really gotten much sleep since their cousin's death.

Which was two weeks ago from today.

"What is it, Ed?" Peter sighed.

Edmund scratched the back of his neck.

"Well...um...we need you downstairs...actually, we needed you downstairs hours before..."

"Can I not just...sleep in every once in a while?"