Supernatural x Gender Neutral! Reader

Confetti, it's a parade! Actually it's my birthday woot woot...anyways! This one shot has little romance in it, it's mainly just a fun little thing I wanted to write for anyone and everyone for when their birthday comes! I hope you enjoy :)

~

—Y/n's pov—

Today was the day, the day some people cared about and some not so much. The day you become one year older than yesterday. It was...my birthday. I turned off my alarm clock before sitting up and stretching, feeling a few joints pop. I yawned as I stood up and started headed towards the kitchen in the bunker. To my surprise, Ava was already awake and having some eggs and toast.

"Oh! Morning y/n," she greeted with a smile, "want some to eat? I can make you something real quick."

"No thanks Ava, I can get something," I said as I made/grabbed (breakfast item(s) of your choice).

"That job last night really had me sore all night," Ava groaned as she rolled her shoulders.

"I fee ya," I replied as I sat with her, "are Sam and Dean still asleep?"

"No, they left not too long ago actually," she answered finishing off her toast, "they didn't say where though."

I hummed, "that's odd, but whatever," I cleaned up my mess before turning and facing Ava, "wanna help me find another job?"

Ava nodded her head before quickly stuffing her mouth with the little bit of leftover eggs she had on her plate. I chuckled before heading towards the main room and grabbing a few books on the way. Ava and I worked on trying to find a new case, some sticking out to us while others...not so much.

"This cases are ridiculous, some of these headlines don't even make sense," Ava complained as she motioned to the laptop in front of her.

I nodded my head before hearing the door open, the boys soon walking in, "look who's home," I said as I folded my hands.

"Look who's awake," Dean retorted with a smirk, making me chuckle and stand up.

I glanced down and noticed that both of them had bags, "what's that? Need some help with them?"

"Oh we got it it's fine," Dean fumbled a little with his words while Sam nodded his head and held the bag behind him.

Before I could any further, we felt a small gust of wind as some papers on the table shuffled about. We turned and noticed Cas standing by the table looking around.

"Cas! It's been a while don't you think?" Ava asked as she walked up and hugged him.

"Yes, I do have to say it has been some time sense I've visited," Cas responded before turning to me, "hello y/n."

"Hey Cas," I smiled as Dean looked through the bags he brought.

"Damn it," Dean muttered, "hey y/n, think you can run out and get something from the hardware store?"

"Sure, Ava wanna come?" I asked as I started heading in the direction to my room.

"Actually Ava was gonna help me with something," Sam responded as Ava looked at him slightly confused.