VIII

-5:10pm-

"So tell me about videogames, is there anything particularly special about them? You seem to have a natural affinity with them" she asked walking down the street, alongside her was Pyke who, out of the blue, started rambling about his favorite games and how exciting they are, how real they seem, the emotions you can get just by tapping or in some cases, smashing the buttons on a phone or a controller, and how he once cried during a game.

All the while Lilith, who was listening, was also taking in the soft, cold breeze that had decided to run through her stiff form.

Pyke, not noticing the breeze, continued rambling on and on and on and on not realizing the simple fact:

That they have literally just gave themselves a tour of the subdivision without realizing.

'Dude, have we been walking in circles or is that cat over there teleporting?'

Realization struck Lilith, and she halted in her steps.

"Have I mentioned how lit the song 'You Ma-" he too, stopped rambling when he realized Lilith has stopped.

Well he did after circling the block while Lilith watched anyways.

'I knew it' Lilith thought

"Something wrong?" he asked, innocently concerned

"How many times have we circled the entire village?" she replied with a question.

It was Pyke's turn to be hit by realization, he jolted his head to his 2 o clock. "I have good news and bad" he declared.

Lilith looked at the direction he was looking at, confused "Latter first"

"First, my arch-nemesis is here" he said, flaring dramatically at..

Nothing

Lilith grew more confused

"You see that flying squid with a wand over there? I bet he's showing that glare because of the malicious intentions he could no longer hide in his head" he stated sternly with a serious look.

A seriously stupid one.

In her head, Deranja laughed, no, at that point she still was, she was laughing like the time when Lilith almost cut herself with a sharp, shrimp sized(ehehe) pocket knife.

'Just play along with it! You literally have no choice!' she told her, continuing to laugh like the hyena she is.

Lilith sighed, cursing both herself and Deranja for not knowing a way out of events like these.

"And the good news?" she asked

"Oh, we're standing right at the front gate of our hou- MY house I mean, the Ssvalka Mansion, sorry" he chuckled nervously as he said it, scratching the back of his neck.

"Can we go inside to avoid uh.. Your arch-nemesis? He seems to be getting closer" the girl said, obviously faking it.

"No way! You can see him too?!" he exclaimed, he then shifted his gaze back to.. Thin air. "Fret not!" he continued "You can go inside while I take care of him!" Pyke eagerly said.

Lilith nodded and went inside the house, well more like a mansion

'This is fucking huge, we could live here and no one would notice!'

'With your stupidity I highly doubt that'

'Fuck you'

'You're just telling me to masturbate'

As Lilith continued to wander into the house, she peered into the extravagant rooms with curious eyes, because..

They were open and when you see an open door, what do you do?

You look inside.

Much to her surprise, she saw a teenager with long, brown, curly hair, with somehow-pale-looking olive skin on her phone smiling. Lilith assumed it was Pyke's sibling, since Pyke himself has olive skin tone.

Upon noticing another human presence in the room, she flinched "Pyke, I told you to stay away from my room, and this time, please close the door" she blurted out, not looking away from her phone.

Swallowing a gulp, Lilith stepped into the rather large room to reach the door handle, not knowing about the shock awaiting for her behind the door.

As soon as Lilith made contact with the doorknob, a stranger wearing a clown mask jumped out in an attempt to scare who they thought was Pyke.

Out of instinct, Lilith threw a sharp right hook at their face, eyes widening when she realized it was a prank.

'Well shit'

'I applaud that right hook'

The stranger, who Lilith now assumed was male, fell onto the ground holding his nose.

"Goddamn you Pyke!" he said. "Oh, I apologize for that" Lilith said stepping out of the room.

"LILITH?! Where are you? Squid-Nerf retreated!" Pyke basically screamed out, his voice booming through the hallways.

"Wait what the hell?" the other teen still in the room says, looking at Lilith, eye-ing every single part of her body, looking deep into her soul, which is an exaggeration but y'all like that don't you. Lilith then found out that she, unlike Pyke(who has bright green eyes), has amber green eyes. "PYKE BROUGHT HOME A GIRL?!"

'Oh geez, did she meet the bing bong twins?' Pyke thought, worried.

"Oh, oh no, Pyke just invited me over to play video games" Lilith said nonchalantly.

Of course, when you're a teenager who lives in a modern world full of simps, e-bois, and you have Pyke, a virgin, for a little brother, you think:

'This poor girl just got asked out, SHIT'

"Damn you hit hard for a girl" the male says, taking his mask off, revealing the boy version of the girl in the room, just with straight hair, bangs messed up because of the mask.

"My fault though, I thought you were Pyke, what's your name, feisty?" he asked, flirtatiously.

'Punch him again'

'Not yet'

"Lilith, I'm Pyke's friend, what's yours?"

"Merlin Ssvalka, that girl on Tinder over there is Meredith Ssvalka, my twin sister, she'll never get a boyfriend but she still does that, we're Pyke's elder siblings" he said, earning a glare from his sister.

"Says the guy flirting with our brother's friend" Meredith hissed

"At least it's not virtual, e-girl"

"She doesn't even like you"

"Things take time, unlike you, fishing for simps on your OnlyFans account"

"I do NOT have an OnlyFans"

Lilith stayed in the doorway, awkwardly watching the siblings fight amongst themselves.

'What's an OnlyFans account?'

'Oh honey, you don't wanna know'