Chapter 9

Rays of sunlight illuminated the island. Some birds sang unfamiliar songs. Some fish danced unfamiliar dances. Some green boys woke up in unfamiliar places.
"Dude. I'm still here!" Beast Boy pouted. He ran his fingers through his short hair and sighed loudly. "Well time for another day of searching, I guess." A little exerted energy and he morphed into a hawk, green as the grass.
Beast Boy spread his wings and jumped into the air, only to fall back down. His stomach growled fiercely. "Oh yeah. Noooo energy!"
He morphed back and sadly trudged along the sand, looking for anything remotely edible. Raven's cloak was draped over his shoulder. It danced around in the breeze, but stayed put on the hungry shapeshifter.
Almost every animal imaginable showed it's face to Beast Boy. His stomach rumbled like the thunderstorm that stranded him there.

Meanwhile on a black levitating circle, Raven soared back to the tower. Her mind was focused on the fact that Beast Boy was back at the tower, and no where else. "He's there! He has to be!" Her scream pierced through the air. She held on tight to the circle's edge. Raven didn't want to fly off like her cloak had.
The top of the "T" came into sight. Raven picked up her speed to the maximum and approached the tower. She got off at the front door, and walked right in, panting.
Robin watched her walk in and nearly fall over. "What's wrong?" He asked.
"WHERE'S BEAST BOY?" She cried out.
"He was with you, wasn't he? Well he hasn't come back yet." Robin tried to hide his shock from Raven's desperate yelp.
"No... No, no, no, NO!" She shook her head back and forth, with tears welling up in her eyes. "I'm going to search for him!"
"No you're not. You aren't going alone, and Cyborg isn't back from his assignment. We will go as a team when he gets back. It's too dangerous for just you."
"And when will Cyborg be back?"
"We don't know. It could be today, tomorrow, or next week... Raven?" Robin watched her race down the hallway and slam her door. He sighed and went back to the task at hand.
Raven waited for hours and hours. It was getting dark, but she refused to turn a light on. She waited until it had been pitch black out for a long time, then slipped out her window without a cloak. "Beast Boy... I will find you."