2. Surprises

Typh.

I pulled up to my house to see two familiar cars already outside my house making me laugh to myself. I pull up in my driveway and park getting out and locking the car. I went to my front door and opened it coming face to face with Rose who was smiling big as hell.

"What I told you about coming in my place unannounced?" I said and she waved me off.

"I'm setting up for your party that's a legitimate reason." She said kissing my cheek before walking to the back of my house . I followed her and saw Ray, Corey and Chres talking while getting the grill setup. It was funny how confused they were getting.

"We got some unnecessary screws here what we gon do wit em?" Ray asked holding up a ziplock bag and Chres nearly broke his neck to look at him.

"There's no such thing as UNNECESSARY screws Ray ." Ray's response was the conceited face before stuffing the bag in his pocket.

"Well if the grill falls apart while I'm cooking it's Ray fault ."

"Well it looks straight to me ."

"It can look straight all it wants but if it isn't we'll know."

"Lord I see what you do for others, keep this girl along with this gathering together Amen." He was really saying a prayer over a grill. I laughed before I made myself known.

"That grill fall apart I'm not helping clean it up." The three of them looked back before smiling .

"Happy birthday siiiiisss." Ray cane and hugged me and Chres followed behind him.

"I wouldn't let you fix it , it's your birthday you need to relax it's your day today." Chres said patting my back as we hugged.

"That would be the exact reason she helping clean it up." Ray started before speaking up again.

"But it's not gon fall apart have faith y'all damn ." I couldn't help but laugh at his frowned upon face. Rose came out fussing about not having ice and now they're going back and forth . I let them do that while I walked over to Corey who was eyeing the gril like a hawk.

"Sooooo what you get me?" He glanced at me laughing.

"Don't worry bout it sweetheart." Sounding like that boy off the video making me playfully roll my eyes.

"Nah man you got my baby holding my gift hostage ."

"For good reason foo." I sucked my teeth and he hugged me .

"But happy birthday sis ." He pulled away and looked ran his hands through his hair. He was fidgety like he was nervous and I squint my eyes at him.

"What's wrong with you man?" He took a deep breath before speaking up.

"Sooo...is she coming?"

"Is who coming?" And he looked at me with a blank face.

"Typh." Then that shit clicked.

"Ohhh ...I honestly don't know I know she mentioned she had a performance today . I know she's coming but I'm not sure if she's gonna make the party." He nodded in deep thought.

"Y'all haven't talked?"

"Nah it's been busy for both of us, I did check on her about a week ago." I nodded in understanding. They both had a spike in fame over time , I'm proud of them as always on what they've accomplished. I do miss hanging out with them everyday like we used to but timing is everything.

"So y'all not together?"

"Nah .." you could see a hint of sadness in his voice.

"What happened?"