Chapter 7

Thrawn took Ahsoka and Sabine to a larger room on the next floor up, where dozens of computers had Chiss technicians and and engineers working on them. All of them looked up with curiosity, most of them had never seen another species before. The room somewhat resembled the bridge of a star destroyer, with a walkway in the middle leading to a holoprojector. Thrawn turned it on to reveal a jungle planet. "This is Roatan." Thrawn said. " Bridger believed that it had a strong connection to the force, saying that it was a good place to train. We sent out scouting groups and found that there were life forms on the planet none seemed hostile, so I allowed them to go, and we also set up a local outpost to keep in touch." Thrawn explained. " So what happened?" Ahsoka asked. " We received a transmission from the outpost..." Thrawn proceeded to play the hologram that was sent, and a Chiss male came on screen. He was bloody, and beat up, with what seemed like fighting going on behind them. " We're under attack! An unknown military force ambushed us! They're wearing white armor! I've never seen them before. All the children have been taken... and Bridger is fighting, all the other soldiers are dead, we need hel- AH!" He was shot in the back as the transmission ended as the Chiss fell limp on the control panel. Everyone was silent. "As you can see, they were attacked." Thrawn said breaking the silence. " white armor?" Sabine said to herself. "Do you think it was stormtroopers? What happened to all of the bucket heads that were in the star destroyer with you?" Sabine asked Thrawn, who in return just smirked. " Madam Wren, when your friend foolishly took us to that dreadful bounty hunter hive, my troopers turned on me, saying that I failed them and that they were going to die because of me. My loyal soldiers who had been with me for so long, turned, forcing Bridger and I to form an unlikely Alliance, under both of our conditions. He wanted to go back, to fight the empire, but I didn't, I had no love for the empire at all, only wanting to sharpen my skills as a military leader using their assets to come back and train my own people." He continued, saying " So I made a deal with Bridger, I will not kill you, and we will work together to get out of the galaxy. He hadn't much of a choice since he was injured, from me blasting him in the arm." "You shot him?" Sabine asked angrily. " I also have him medical treatment, so no need to get riled up." He said. Sabine crosses her arms and glared at the Chiss. " Go on." She said. " Anyway, there was a local patrol of imperials on the planet much to our luck, so using his Jedi power we were able to "convince them to give us the shuttle, that brought us here." He said. " I'm sure you would like it now mrs. Wren, he must've picked up a thing from you, since he painted it with the help of all the children, even putting a picture of the Ghost crew." He added. " Sabine'a heart sank, Ezra always wanted to paint with her, especially when he was younger, but she always turned him away since she always wanted to be alone. Now she felt bad. " Is there anyway we can get to this planet? She asked. " Thrawn pulled up a star map in place of the planet. "Here are the coordinates." He said handing them a disk. "I'll send you off with a fighter escort, and a Skywalker to guide you through the hyperspace lanes." He said. The word Skywalker caught the attention of Ahsoka, who was listening intently the whole time, but sense that there was a dark presence here in the unknown regions. " A what?" Ahsoka asked. " A Skywalker." Thrawn said. " They are what my people call those who possess the force, and are crucial to navigating through per space." He said. "Oh, ok." Ahsoka responded as they left the building and headed off to their ship where Lux was talking to Eli Vanto when he noticed them and walked over to them. " How'd it go? Did you find your friend?" He asked, but Sabine responded with a depressed "no." " But we have a lead." Ahsoka said trying to sound optimistic. We have a planet we need to travel to where Ezra was last." "Ok, sounds good to me, let's go." Lux said as he turned back to Eli, who said " wait, you'll need a Skywalker to travel through hyperspace." He pointed out. " A who? What?" Lux asked confused. " He means a force sensitive Chiss to help guide us." Ahsoka said putting her hand on his shoulder smiling. Just then, from where the building was, and older Chiss man was lead by two Chiss guards at either side, followed by Thrawn. As they approached where the shuttle was, Thrawn spoke up. "This is Tiddus, he will be your Skywalker on your journey." "Greetings." The older Chiss said. He was quite short, since he had to bend over from his old age, but would've been very tall, and walked with a cane, and had long grey hair that was pulled back into a ponytail, and you could tell he was old cause of the wrinkles on his face. " It's a pleasure sir." Ahsoka said reaching out her hand. Tiddus took it, and gasped at the power he felt radiating off of Ahsoka. " You are quite powerful." He said, almost stumbling back. Thrawn caught him, and helped him catch his balance , as Ahsoka apologized and said " well I've trained my whole life to become one with the force." "So have I, but our knowledge is quite limited." He stated. Sabine was growing more impatient but the minute. " Can get moving now maybe?" She asked eagerly. "Of course. You should get going." Thrawn said " See what you can find, but if you don't find anything, I won't say I told you so." Thrawn added. "Don't worry, we'll come back with something, and won't give up." Sabine said very determined and ran into the shuttle with Lux, Ahsoka, and Tiddus following. As the ship lifted off Thrawn waved them off, and as they pulled out of the atmosphere they were joined buy two fighter pilots on each side. " The coordinates are in, so what is it that you do?" Lux asked the old Chiss force user. " I am to guide us through." He said. " These hyperspace lanes are not like your galaxy." He said as he closed his eyes and lifted his hand. " You may go into hyperspace." He said, as Lux gave a concerned look at Ahsoka and Sabine who just nodded, so he pulled on the lever blasting g the ship into hyperspace.