Chapter 1: the kidnapping

no authors note 

---

The large house stood alone amongst the trees, it's paint chipped and windows boarded. It was old, abandoned and forgotten with time. It was barley visible from the road, and easily ignored by passerby's. 

That was why it was so perfect. No one would know about what it held within, the secrets, the terrors...the deaths. 

No one, but the few that inhabited the place. The few that had been there far too long. 

But soon, soon that would all change. All it would take, were two girls. The plan was in motion, and the girls were taken, abducted from the miserable town of Mystic Falls. The house would hide them well enough, and all that was left was the wait. 

The house was silent, waiting.

And this is where our story begins.

***

A man dragged a woman's body across the room, hoisting her up as her heels lightly scraped against the wooden floor. Another girl, younger, suddenly sat up from the old couch she rested upon. She scrambled up, only to trip over the rope tied on her legs and fall back onto the couch behind her. The man turn towards her quickly, startled by the sudden sounds, and accidentally dropped the woman's still body in the process. 

"Shit!" he mumbled before picking her up again, setting her on an arm chair in the middle of the large room carefully. He then turned towards the young girl and untied the ropes around her ankles.

"What do you want?" she asks.

"Shh" he responds as he moves the ropes on her wrists. 

"Please, I'm hurt," she speaks again. 

"I know."  He suddenly smirked. "Just a taste," he mutters as veins grow underneath his eyes. 

The young girl's heart started beating faster as he got closer to her, eying her with a gleam in his dark gaze. He was stopped, however, by the sudden groan behind him. The man, Trevor, leans away from the doppelganger as the other woman sits up, rubbing her head as she blinks away her bleary vision.

Shit, he thought. She's awake

"Leave the girls alone, Trevor," a woman with a pixie hair cut speaks sharply as she walks into the room, footsteps silent, well practiced. "Control yourself," she finished as she made her way towards the man, Trevor.

 "Buzzkill." he responded once more before exiting the room. 

Alexandra's confused gaze followed him.

"What do you want with me?" the doppelganger finally speaks.

"My God, you look just like her," Rose muttered in astonishment, completely ignoring the question.

"But I'm not whatever you-" 

"Be quiet" Rose commands. The doppelganger ignores her, continuing to speak, "But I'm not Katherine. My name is Elena Gilbert. You don't have to do this." 

"I know who you are. I said be quiet." Rose speaks, her voice hard and final. 

"I would listen to her, she doesn't look like she's kidding dude." Alex warned quietly.

Elena shoots Alex a look of confusion before speaking again to her captor.

"What do you want?" A slapping sound is heard as the doppelganger goes flying into the couch. 

"I want you to be quiet."

Alexandra being still conscious, speaks up. "Damnnn. That probably hurt."

Rose turns to face the woman, brows furrowing as she looked at the oddly calm girl.

"It probably did." Rose confirms, staring at Alex for a few more seconds before turning and following Trevor's previous steps out of the room.

***

Eventually, Elena woke back up. 

Thank Merlin, Alex had to remind herself.

Rather than joining Alexandra on the couch and not getting smacked again, Elena decided that she was going to try to sneak and eavesdrop on vampires as a human

This girl was a bloody idiot.

Alexandra knew the girl of course, or her face at least. Yes, she had seen it all around town, she vaguely remembers seeing her occasionally during her weekly grocery (snack) runs and every time Alex had visited the grill she was there with her teen friend group who always looked too serious for their own good. 

Alex remembered that look. She wore that look a lot back then. And she didn't like it. 

So she had decided that it wasn't  her business, but the occasional step in step out wasn't anything major. So what if Alex had been the one to point the little Bennett witch in the right way a few times, so what if the teen wolf (Alex believed the play on words was amusing)   suddenly felt a little more calm over his full moons since the change. And so what if Stefan was having an easier time with blood lust since Alex had swapped his bunny juice for some magically infused substitute. She was just nudging them a little in the right direction, that was all. 

She was above all that now. She wasn't bringing herself into others problems simply because she felt an obligation to since she had the ability to help. Of course not. She would never. 

But still, she did not want to get involved. She didn't need occasional kidnappings to start triggering memories, she had already had enough of that during the isolation into her move. She didn't need more sleepless nights, and she most definitely did not needed included in this groups affinity towards kidnapping and getting kidnapped. 

Alex heard someone speaking and watched as Rose and Elena reentered the room, Elena following her like like a puppy. "Why won't you answer my questions?"

"There's another one," Rose responded exasperatedly as she began picking up the wooden panels and placing them over the windows. 

Alexandra decided that the two were not daylight ring owners as she began assisting, drawing a confused yet thankful look from Rose. Elena began speaking again, Rose responding here and there, before the Originals were brought up.

The originals? Of course they had learned about them in school. They were first world vamps, born a thousand years ago from a regretful mother, who Alex had decided had a bad vibe and hated her because of this, and a spell. They were the strongest vampires, other than Silas of course, and only one thing could gank them. Not that Alex wanted to, of course. It was truly a marvel that a family could last so long. Alexandra believed that she would choke Harry out within five minutes of their immortality. 

Which did happen, the very moment Harry became the master of death and named her mistress as his sister. Ginny didn't really want that role, as crazy as that seems, right? There would be no foreseeable death, as long as Alex didn't kill herself first. 

She decided she made the wrong choice this morning. 

The originals were involved? She was so screwed. Harry would win their bet. 

See, she had betted against him that she would be able to stay out of trouble. The originals? Trouble all over the place. She was about to be out 10 galleons. Ugh. 

Stupid Harry. Stupid originals. And stupid kidnappers. She was supposed to be sleeping in her bed right now. Instead, she was wearing a brand new dress and stuck in a dingy room until she could figure out where she was. Yikes. This was all because of that stupid ball thing Carol forced her into. Stupid Carol, too. 

Now, where was her wand?

***