Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Percy

Annabeth started to say what I expected her to say. The usual ‘I am sorry’ routine was not going to help her. “Save your breath.” I told her. “Really, Annabeth,” I spat out her name, “I thought that you were smarter than that.” I left her at a loss for words. “Well, since you are wasting my time here, I will go now.” I signaled Zoe to grab my hand and I water traveled both of us to Chaos’s cabin.

Everyone was hanging out in thing living room. The TV was on and the boys were having a race in Mario Cart Wii with speakers blasting rock music in the corner. The girls were just sitting on the sofas reading or talking.

“Percy, calm down.” Zoe whispered. I could feel the waves pounding against the surf now and it was pouring rain right now. I took a deep breath and the rain turned into a drizzle. Then, I let go of Zoe’s hand and I just walked past everyone and headed to my room. Jake must have sensed my sour mood so a few minutes later; he came knocking on my door. I reluctantly let him in.

“So, what’s wrong?” He asked me.

“Wow, you got right to the problem.” I told him.

“I just want to get the glares over with. Your glares scare the heck out of me.” He added. I glared at him jokingly. Even though I was joking, I could tell that Jake was scared. That made me laugh. The mood brightened instantly.

“Thanks, Jake.” I told him.

“No prob. That’s what friends are for, right?” He asked.

“If they really are your friends.” I mumbled, thinking of the people that betrayed me.

“What?” Jake asked, curious. I just waved it off.

“I’m going to go to bed now.” I told him. “Night.”

“Night.” He responded as he walked out of my room. I took my hood off and crashed onto my bed to be consumed by my dreams.

“Percy,” a voice spoke to me in my dreams and Chaos appeared, “watch.” I looked down. It seemed like I was looking above Mount Olympus and the gods were having a meeting.

“I think that the Army of Chaos is planning to over throw us when we defeat the titans. They plan to wait for us to weaken from the fight against the titans and Gaea and then they will try to over throw us.” Zeus announced. “We must destroy them as soon as possible.”

“But they can defeat us all easily even when we are all at full strength. Have you not seen the commander’s fighting skill and power?” Athena asked. Poseidon shifted uneasily.

“Yes. I know. Tonight, however, we can use the element of surprise. When they are all sleeping, we are going to drop bombs on their cabin. That should get rid of them.” Zeus said. “Hephaestus, can you make us some Greek fire bombs and can they be ready at midnight?”

“Um…Lord Zeus, are you sure that this is a good idea? What if they survive and they turn on us? We will stand no chance against them.” Hephaestus said.

“I am the King of the Gods and you are going to do as I say!” Zeus thundered.

“Finally,” I thought, “Zeus is doing the thundering.” Hephaestus nodded in fear and went lumbering to his work shop.

“Father, I do not think that it is wise to do this.” Athena announced to the King of the Gods.

“For once, I agree with Athena.” Poseidon spoke. “The commander will most likely survive and then we will have to face the consequences.”

“It is just not right to do this.” Hestia, Artemis, Apollo, Hermes, Hades, and Demeter said.

“Wow,” I thought. “Hades and Demeter along with Poseidon and Athena agreed on something the same day!”

“Do you want them to destroy us?” Zeus asked. The gods shook their heads.

“They won’t destroy us though.” Hestia said. “I for one trust them.”

“We are going to bomb their cabin and that is final!” Zeus shouted and he disappeared in a flash of bright light.

“Drama Queen.” All the other gods muttered. I had to suppress a chuckle.

“Did you see that, Percy?” Chaos asked me making me go back into serious mode again. I nodded.

“I have to warn my soldiers.” I said.

“You are right. Get everyone out of the cabin by midnight. I will meet you at the beach at 11:55 PM with the army.” Chaos told me. I nodded and I awoke with a jolt. I peered at my alarm clock. It was 11:45! I had to get everyone out here quickly. I jumped out of bed, threw some clothes and armor, and rushed out of my door and into the hallway.

“EVERYONE WAKE UP!” I yelled, my voice echoing through the cabin. My army was not going to be happy with me. Soon enough, everyone came out of their rooms in full battle armor. “We have to get out of here now.” I commanded and my army followed me without question.

“You are going to have to explain this later.” Zoe told me. We marched over to the Fireworks beach and checked my watch that was also a shield. It was 11:54. Soon, the one minute had past and Chaos had appeared out of darkness.

“I have shown your commander what the gods are going to do tonight. They plan to bomb our cabin, hoping to kill us. I had the commander bring you out here to safety. The people in the army had looks of disgust on their faces from what the gods were going to do. “I have put a shield over the cabin so that it doesn’t get damaged, but I would like you to watch. Soon enough, explosions filled the air as bombs were thrown at the cabin but Chaos’ shield held. The gods tried again and again but no avail. Finally, when it was 12:30 in the morning, the gods left because campers had started to come out of their cabins to see what all the noise was. “Now, let’s go to Olympus and check on our ‘allies’.” Chaos smirked and we were all whisked away to the throne room. The gods seemed to be discussing why the bombs didn’t work. Chaos teleported us here quietly so we could listen to what they were saying.

“Why didn’t the bombs work?” One of the gods asked.

“It was probably protected from that miserable excuse for a god, Chaos.” Another voice said. I felt my anger rising. How dare they insult my father, Chaos like that! I looked around and saw faces filled with rage on the members of the army. Chaos signaled us to stay put and he stepped out of the shadows.

“H-h-hello Chaos.” I could tell that it was Zeus that said that.

“Why did you bomb my cabin? Were you hoping to kill my soldiers?” He asked them as he signaled us to come out. “They have watched the whole thing and my commander even heard your plan on bombing the cabin.” All the gods looked terrified now. “Now, kneel!” Chaos barked at the gods that wanted to bomb out cabin. They were forced out of their thrones and shrunk to mortal size. They kneeled. “We are your allies!” Chaos’ voice was steely and cold. “How dare you attacked them and it was just to save your scared and unworthy hides!” He shouted at them, glaring. “I am starting to change my mind of who is the better ruler now. You use demigods and mortals for your amusement. You ignored your children and still relied on them to do your dirty work! Percy Jackson changed that. I will go and thank Percy Jackson's spirit personally for doing that! He was actually a good person. Percy Jackson prevented World War III from happening and all you were doing was acting like little children. He saved you all from Kronos in the second titan war and you all disowned him and threw him away like an old toy.” I knew that my father could tell that I was blushing. I was glad that I had my cloak on. All the gods looked shocked and scared. They all whimpered. I glared at Zeus. He seemed to shrink beneath my gaze. “Now in the morning, I expect to see all of you,” He looked at the gods. “Tomorrow morning at the Camp Half-Blood meeting and next time you attempt to kill my army, there will be a punishment that involves torture.”