My I Do's

© 2012, Inu_mike
Self publishing

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author / publisher. 

                                                                My I Do's

"By the authority vested in me by the State of Iowa, witnessed by your friends and family, I have the pleasure to pronounce you…

   This isn’t some sappy love story to change your beliefs. It’s simply my I Do’s. My I Do’s to my love. The one I never thought I would or could ever cherish. She’s my rock. My love. My first. My forever.

  It started the day we first met. I despised her. I like many others was against her beliefs. I hated it. I hated everything about her. For one simple reason, she was gay. She was an abomination. It was against my beliefs to love her, to talk to her, to associate myself with someone like her, but as if one of God’s will, I was her partner for a project. I had protested against this buffoonery, but eventually gave in.

  It was a month into the project when I learned about her. She was normal! Much like everyone else, she liked to do the things that normal people loved! She played sports and she loved to dance. She even sung in the shower! I was so flabbergasted and ashamed of my judgments. My assumptions. My beliefs. She made me realize that I had judged the book, her book by her cover.

  The time we spent together significantly changed my view. We eventually became good friends.  We went out to eat, wewent to the movies and we even went to church together! My family grew to love her despite their previous judgments and beliefs. I grew to like her and even love her as a dear friend, but one day something happen. We kissed. I don’t know how it happened, but we kissed, she confessed her longing for me.

  That day I wanted to run away from her so badly, but something held me down. It was my heart, my heart was holding me in place, it dropped to my feet; dead weight. The same time an invisible force seemed to push me in her direction. It was that push that made me change my mind. It was the push that took off my rose colored lenses. It was then that I realized I couldn’t help it, no matter what I wanted; I couldn’t help, but feel the attraction towards her. I couldn’t control my feelings of love and want. I just couldn’t, that same day I went to my priest. I pleaded for him to do something, but he only chuckled. There was nothing he could do, he couldn’t change the way my heart sped up at the mere sight of her and he couldn’t change the love I held.

"You may now seal your vows with a kiss." I gazed up into her amazing crystal blue eyes. They held so much love and affection. I do love her. I do cherish her. I do pledge my heart to her. I will love her forever because theses’ were simply my I Do’s. For better or for worse.