Chap. 02|Privateer

"It is a long story, but I guess our story begins when I was twelve. Now to understand this you need to know my father was a member of the marines as a colonel and my mother was a doctor. They were both monsters.

Two children, both with [H/C] hair, ran through the pier of their home town. The girl, [Y/N] [L/N] of the duo had a stream of blood drip from her forehead from where the blade made contact. The boy, Aiden [L/N], led the way for him and his sister, bruises and cuts on his arms and legs. He had taken most of it. Before long the two found a cargo ship and made it there way onto the ship. They were stowaways, and they would not be caught.

"My brother and I stowed away on a cargo ship several years ago. When we docked, we went through the town before hiding out somewhere. After awhile, we realized we couldn't live without doing anything after Aiden fainted from lack of blood sugar and nutrients. So, we resorted to thievery. Pickpocketing people's money and stealing food from restaurants. And ehen we were done, we would get on another ship and repeat. They never caught us. They never seemed to catch on. It was like that for several weeks. Until one day..."

Twelve-year-old [Y/N] ran through the  crowd, her littke fingers swiping wallets and taking thr money from it in one fell swoop. No one even noticed. Until she spotted a man. Entirely dressed in black from the onyx shade of black hair to the charcoal boots that displayed his feet. He had some money. More than anyone else here. She looked over at her brother who stared at her, giving her a look. A look that told her to stop. But she didn't, and she took her opportunity. But just as her dainty fingers grazed the money bag, her wrist was grabbed by the man. He stared at her, scowling with a cigar in his mouth.

"What do you think you're doing girly?" he asked, his tone sending shivers up and down her spine.

But then something shifted in his eyes as he gave the girl a once over. Through her old, dirty clothes, emmence body odor, the grime and dirt littering her body, he saw the scars on her legs and arms and the one on her head. His eyes softened at her sight. The girl's breath hitched in her throat at the sudden change in demeanor.

"AIDEN! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!" the young girl shrieked after she got over her initial shock.

And almost at once, the crowd panicked. And the crowd dispersed, trampling over then. One of the people knocked into the man, making him drop the girl. Now her weeks of training and speed through pickpocketing came in handy. She made it over to her brother and the two ran off, towards their secret route to the pier where the next cargo ship they'll board will be. However, they didn't notice the man following after them.

The two teens (well one was fourteen and the other twelve) waited behind a wall to make sure the coast was clear. When no more personell came off the ship or were there to witness them getting on board, the two shared a look. They nodded and got into a running start. Unfortunately, they only made a step before they were grabbed by their collars and bonked their heads together.

"You two knuckleheads are coming with me." the man told them.

The two were dragged aboard a pirate ship. Abd the two of them sighed. Phew! The good guys. They were tied on the top deck by other members of the crew while the man left them. After who knows how long, they were lead to a room where they were faced with the Dread Pirate Roberts, a pirate that had become practically inmortal. Practically.

"Hello, children. Welcome aboard my ship. You're my new guinea pigs." The man took off his mask to reveal the man from before.

"WHAT?!?!" The Straw Hats chorused.

|{[Insert_Commercial]}|

"WHAT?! You were on Dread Pirste Roberts ship? How did you survive? He never lets hostages survive? How did you become captain?" Nami asked.