Chapter Seven

Chester's POV

Grace has a lot of visitors, though Hannah, Mamrie, and I never leave her side. Tyler drives down the next day, and sits with us all day.

"I can't believe my eyes." He murmurs.

Her viewers are -to say the least- devastated. Everybody is in a frenzy of confusion, not sure whether she actually did it or not. Grace's mom and brothers came out and saw her, but they had to return to their homes to go back to work.

Mamrie and Hannah leave to get some air, and I stay with Grace. She looks so peaceful, her eyes closed and her face relaxed.

"God damn you're beautiful." I whisper, pressing a gentle and delicate kiss to her forehead. I see her left wrist turned towards me, the four cuts from three days ago extremely visible. I place my fingertips on them lightly, feeling the surface of scarred skin.

"Grace Helbig, you beautiful idiot, I love you so much, and I'm never going to stop saying that."

I watch Grace's eyelids flutter open, blinking hard at the harsh lights. Her warm, coffee brown eyes take a minute and focus on me before filling with tears.

"I messed up." Grace says, tears spilling out of her eyes.

"Grace, honey, don't cry." I comfort her. "I can't believe you're awake. Thank god you're awake."

"I don't want to die anymore, Chester." Grace sobs, her hands clutching mine desperately.

"You're not going to die sweetie, I promise." I assure her.

Grace calms down, and I call Mamrie and Hannah back in.

"Mames, Han, Grace is awake!"

They burst through the door, coming to Grace's side immediately.

"Oh my god, Grace you're alive." Hannah exclaims, hugging Grace carefully. Grace takes a shaky breath as she hugs Hannah back.

"Grace you scared me half to death!" Mamrie says, tears sliding down her cheeks. "I'm so, so glad you're here."

"I'm okay, you guys. I'm really going to be okay." Grace states, smiling a real smile.