Bullet #27: Club

Guinevere placed the books she borrowed on the table and sat across Granger, who was heavily focused on reading the Demonology book. The white-streak haired man pulled his mask down and smiled.

"Ah. You're finally here. Drink this tea, it's still hot and eat these as well." Granger placed the warm tea and two bars of dark chocolate in front of Guinevere.

"Oh my! What are these for? We already got enough snacks though." Guinevere tilted her head and unwrapped the chocolate bar.

"Food to calm your nerves."

Granger rested his chin on his open palm and watched the red head pop a piece of chocolate in her mouth. The way Guinevere's lips quirk up as she eat sweets will always be Granger's favorite sight. One of the little things the young demon hunter wouldn't want anyone to see but him.

"Mmm! It has almonds! Thanks Grangey!" Guinevere squealed lightly. Any kind of sweets would lift her mood, such a sweet addict, this girl.

"Why'd you bought two by the way? I can't finish these at once and I wanna eat my cream puffs as well. Are you fattening me up, Crinkles?"

"I don't mind you gaining weight, Gingerbread. The healthier, the better." He smirked and continued, "Ah, and the other one is for me. C'mon, time to feed me, Guini!" Granger slightly parted his lips.

"Tsk. Seriously this guy!" Guinevere clicked her tongue but she still put two pieces of the chocolate on his mouth. She can't refuse if he smiles adorably like that.

"What book did you get that took you so long?" Granger asked nonchalantly. He was worried of leaving her alone when she just had a panic attack earlier. But the girl in front of him is now back to her former self. Dark chocolates with almonds are really that effective, huh, he thought.

"Oh. Just books about human hearts." Guinevere smiled widely as she showed Granger two books, one was about heart diseases and the other was about the human anatomy.

Guinevere hummed as she flipped open the medical book and reminisced what happened earlier.

×

"Eh!?

"Huh?!"

"Shh!!"

The two girls jolted at the same time when a novice librarian warned them. They immediately collected their respective books that were still scattered on the floor. The blonde girl then grabbed Guinevere's arm dragged her towards a secluded area. Once she made sure no one was loitering around, the blonde girl put the stack of books beside her and kowtowed.

"Miss Violet, I beg of you! Please don't tell anyone, especially Sir Death Chanter that I read BL comics about him! Ah! And I'm sorry for bumping into you yesterday! I swear, I didn't mean to!" The girl pleaded with all her might.

She heard about some rumors about how the Death Chanter was very protective of the young miss of the Baroque family. And she just had to bump to Miss Violet of all people, not just once, but twice now! Luck wasn't on her side.

As the blonde girl cowered in fear, Guinevere was beyond ecstatic. Her hunch was right! The book really was Bloodlust, the special edition AlucardxGranger comic! It was a one-shot about the two demon hunters in which Alucard became a Vampire after a solo-mission and then his hated junior colleague, Granger, for help. She haven't read the comic yet because it went missing right after she bought one.

"Oh. Sure! No worries~"

"Please, spare me. My life is at risk-- hah?! You're okay with that!?" The eye-patched girl was in pure disbelief. "You won't punish me for shipping Sir Death Chanter with Sir Alucard?"