eleven ~ that's when i thought of you

"You look beautiful." Mum smiled, taking pictures of me on the staircase.

"Mum stop." I laughed.

She giggled, putting her camera away and waddling to the kitchen. The doorbell went off, signalling Calum's arrival. I looked myself up and down, checking to see if everything was perfect. Mum's body appeared at the door, ushering Calum in.

"Ah, thank you." He smiled "Where's Alex-"

His eyes wandered to the stairs where I stood, his mouth opened slightly. I blushed a little at the attention he was giving me, hiding my body.

"Alexa you look beautiful." He stuttered.

"Thank you." I whispered.

He put his hand out for me, taking me down the stairs and into his arms. I smiled up at him, mum cooing a little. I looked over at mum who was taking a lot of photos, causing me to blush even more. Calum still stared at me, his eyes boring into the side of my head.

"We must go." Mum laughed, grabbing the car keys.

I nodded, pulling Calum out of the house and beside me in the car. He took my hand, placing something into the palm of it. I smiled at him, checking out what was there. It was beautiful. A silver necklace with beautiful gems and my initial encrusted with a little 'C'.

"Calum, you didn't have to." I grinned, looking at it in more detail.

"Of course I did. I saw it and it looked beautiful and that's when I thought of you..." He smiled.

I giggled a little, putting my back towards him and ushering for him to put it on. It sat nicely on my chest and it suited my dress so well. Okay yes, he made me smile and his smile made my heart flutter and everything seemed perfect. But it isn't. Everyone still hates me, when I go into school on Monday I will still be 'Art Girl' and nothing can change that. I will not allow Calum to fall all the way down the popular hierarchy because of me. I will not let myself ruin Calum, he deserves so much more.

The car came to a stop, now at the exhibition. I shook a little, my hand tensing around Calum's. Mum opened the door for us, leading Calum and I into the place. I grinned at all of the beautiful pictures. Everyone here was so talented.

"Look, Alexa, it's yours!" Mum half shouted.

"Oh my God. I'm so...happy." I grinned, staring up at it.

"Alexa...it's amazing." Calum spoke, holding my waist and resting his head on my shoulder.

"Thanks."

I looked up at it, my name written in big above it. It amazed me. I can't believe something so good was happening to me. Me, of all people. 

A lady walked over, grinning, "Alexa?"

I nodded, grinning at her.

"Ah so good to finally meet you! You have a beautiful skill." She grinned, pointing at the picture, "I want to tell you some news."

"What news?" My heart dropped a little.

"The committee and I have decided, you could potentially get a place at the Royal Art School. If you'd like to go that is." 

My mouth dropped, Calum's hands tensing on my shoulders.

"Yes...yes...I..I'd love that!" I squealed.

"We'll just need to check your grades at school. If all good, would you like to go RAS for college?" The lady grinned.

I nodded enthusiastically as she walked away, my body in shock. I can't believe this. It's all too good to be true. Something bad was bound to happen. Mum stared at me in delight, her eyes smiling too. I smiled at her, looking from her to the painting. Calum twisted me around, looking me in the eyes and grinning broadly. I grinned back. He pulled me in, embracing my body and rubbing my back.

"Alexa, this is great." He whispered.

I nodded, half crying. 

"You deserve this." He spoke.

He pulled away, pushing his lips to mine. Calum...what?!

 ✎✎✎

i actually uploaded wOW

but you guys seem to like this fanfic?! for some reason...

anyway, merry christmas guys ily

i lied, this fanfic will be pretty short, only a few chapters left

if you could also check out my fanfics 'milk' and 'vanessa' that would be cool

ilysm omg

millie