Chapter 11

Paige's pov.

Once we bot left, saying our bye's to everyone, Niall helped me into the car and started to drive off. As every appointment went, they always had to bring up the surgery. Maybe I want to be blind for the rest of mylife. Well, no, no one wants that, but dad can't afford it and I'm not gonna guilt him into spending money he doesn't have.

"You hungry?" he asked, and I shrugged my shoulders. "Where you wanna go?" he added. "I don't care." I mumbled. "Well, I don't know what you like  so how would I know where to go?" he asked chuckling. I rolled my eyes and laughed. "I like pretty much anything." I muttered, listening to the radio, Onerepublc was on. 

"You know this song?" he asked and I nodded. "I know a lot of music, since really the only usful thing I can do is listen." I said and heard him chuckle. "So what all do you listen to?" he asked. "I like all kinds really, just not country or anything like that." I said and he laughed as I grinned.

"I understand yah." he said. "Can't stand country." he added and I laughed. "Kelly loves it though and listens to it all the time." I muttered annoyingly. "So sorry." he said joking around and I smiled. "I appreciate it." I laughed. "You have a cute laugh." he said. "How so?" I asked blushing. "You just sound like a giggling little girl, so cute." he said and I laughed again.

"And a beautiful smile." he added. "Thanks." I spoke quietly, playing with the hem of my shirt. "You're welcome." he said and my heart fluttered. "I'm gonna pull into mcdonalds is that alright?" he asked and I nodded. "Yeah." I agreed and I felt the car come to a stop. "Don't go anywhere." he said and I laughed. "Like I am." I mumbled as I heard him shut his door. I felt a rush of air hitting my side and I unbucked as he took my arm, helping me out.

I pulled out my walking stick, unfolding it as we started walking in. "What do you want?" he asked as we came to a stop. "Um, just fries, I'm not that hungry." I mumbled quietly. "Are you sure? No hamburger? Chicken?" he asked. "No thanks. " I spoke up, as we started walking up again. "What can I get you?" I heard a voice say, and Niall telling him the order. He still had a hold on my arm, as if he was afraid to let go, I could feel his side vibrating as he spoke, thats what I was paying more attention to than my surroundings. "What do you want to drink?" Niall asked. "Um, tea." I said, leaning away from Niall.

"Lets go find a table." He said, and I just nodded along, as he led the way. "Here is a booth." he said, I patted my way into the booth, an instinct of mine. "I'll be back okay." he said and I just nodded my head as I heard his footsteps disappear and I set my head on the table and sighed. I'm just tired of the day, I just want to sleep.

A few minutes later, Niall's voice rung in my ears.  "You feeling okay?" he asked and I sat back up.  "Yeah. Fine." I said, leaning back against the seat.  "I got you some chicken nuggets. " he said and I sighed.  "You didn't have to." I muttered.  "Well, fries doesn't really seem like a filling thing." he said heard the tray placed on the table.

"Your tea is, well.. I don't know. Give me your hand." he said and I felt his hand grab mine, which he led to my drink which was at 1 o'clock.  "That's 1." I said and he kept hold of it, lacing it on my fries and chicken, 12, directly in front of me.  "12?" he asked and I nodded.

"I'll get better at that, promise.  I'll learn." he said and I smiled, my heart fluttered, he is actually willing to take time and learn how to deal, with me.. That's the nicest thing anyone has done that isn't my dad, Kelly or nurses... Really no one, I have no friends so.. that's depressing.

I grabbed a few fries and ate quietly, him telling me about their tour they are about to start.  "I'm so excited.  One of our biggest ones yet.. Maybe, if you want, and its okay with your dad... You could come... I know that's probably crazy, but it really hurts, to think I won't see your face for months." he said and I took in a deep breath.  I don't know what to think.  Don't know what to feel.  "I'm sorry.  You probably think I'm crazy." he said and he laughed nervously.

"No. No, you aren't crazy." I laughed lightly.  "When. When does it start?" I asked. "Three months." he said.  "Well, I have three months to think about it, but who says we can't hang out till then?" I asked and I felt his hand on mine.  "You just saying that, brings a smile to my face," he said and my cheeks were burning.

"I bet its beautiful." I nearly whispered.  We ate in silence, I ate most of the chicken nuggets, almost all my fries, which is good for me, I hardly ever eat.  "Are you ready to go?" he asked.  "Yeah.  I have to face my dad sooner or later." I huffed, grabbing my tea and sliding out of the booth.

His arm wrapped around me, as we walked out to the car.  I stepped into the car, setting my drink down after finding the cup holder.  Niall buckled me, although it wasn't necessary, and shut my door.

Niall got in and started the car, the radio coming on, playing Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are.  This song is annoying, I hate it.  "Can you turn it?" I asked.  "You don't like it?" he asked. "No." I answered and I heard the station change as he rummaged through them, trying to find one.

"Can I ask why?" he asked.  "Because.. No one has seen my eyes, they are colorless.. Lifeless.  And no, I don't see what you see, I don't even remember what I look like, and I know I've changed since the last time I looked in a mirror." I said, leaning against the window.

"Well you are beautiful, that's all you need to know.  Trust me." he said and at the moment I didn't feel like functioning. "We are here." he said after a few minutes of silence.  I unbuckled and opened the door, unfolding my walking stick.  "Whoa, be careful." Niall rushed as my foot slipped off the pavement.

"You should've waited for me." he said softly, shutting the car door.  I just want to go to bed.  "Hey.  Are you okay?" he asked, stop walking, his arm wrapped around me.  I nodded and started walking on.  I stepped up the two steps and felt for the doorknob.  "Here," Niall said walking up behind me and opened the door. 

"Thank you." I said, and walked in, finding the all too familiar rail.  "Paige." I heard my dad come in.  I went straight to my room.  "I'll call to check on you later." Niall said and before I opened my door, I turned around although I couldn't see him, or his eyes, I nodded, and smiled a small useless smile.  "I'd like that." I said and walked into my room, shutting the door, going straight to my bed, and I cried. For no single reason, I did, and fell asleep.