7 Days

(Tenten)

"Temari, I don't know what to do!" I yelled through the phone. Notebooks and study materials laid forgotten on my bed as I  rested across it with a hand on my face.

I could practically see Temari's eye roll from halfway across town. "Tenten, I don't know how many times I have to tell you this. He. Likes. You. Like, a lot."

"Then why hasn't he spoken to me since that party?"

"Because he's hurt, Tenten. Over you, apparently... Although how you got Neji Hyuga to fall for you that badly is a mystery to me."

"Wow. Thanks for the confidence." My voice dripped with an intense amount of sarcasm attached.

Temari chuckled slightly. "Sorry Ten. But seriously, he's hurt. Hinata told me he rarely leaves his room anymore! Well...less than he normally would anyway. And it doesn't help that Inuzuka doesn't leave you alone these days.... But you have to talk to him."

I groaned loudly through the phone. "But that's just it Temari! He won't talk to me! In soccer, in class, and even in student council! He's made me an assistant to Kankuro now. And no offense to your brother, but he can be worse than Kiba sometimes."

Temari chuckled. "Hehe....ya that's true. But, it's not true that he won't talk to you. He has been talking to you. Hasn't he?"

"Texting anonymously? That hardly counts."

"Tenten, you have to tell him who you are."

I groaned through the phone again.

"I don't see what the problem is! I mean I get why you didn't tell him at first. It was pretty embarrassing. But you like him now. Don't you? So what if you lose! It's a win-win Ten!"

This was the internal problem I had been facing for a few days now. I knew if I set up a meeting with him through the phone, that would be the only way I could talk to him and sort everything out. But, there were several problems still holding me back. "I don't wanna be played. He may like me now, but he won't in a week. You've heard the horror stories, Tem!"

"Ten, it's been a week. It's been longer than a week. Hell, you have no idea how long it's been. Maybe it's for real this time. Why don't you give him a chance?"

Why don't I give him a chance? I thought to myself. I mean he's been sweet to me, he's wicked smart, athletic, hot (obviously). But I just kept telling myself that it was all too good to be true. He would just use me like everyone else. And then, another loved one is gone. "It's too risky Temari."

"Tenten." She sighed. "You need that risk."

After that, the line went dead, and I was just left staring at my ceiling. God, of course she's right. There's no point in not explaining myself to him. I mean, I didn't mean to kiss Kiba, he kissed me! And Neji could hardly get mad at me for that. It was super hypocritical of him when he sexed up girls all the time. With that philosophy, I opened up my messages.

Dear Friend:

We need to talk. In person.

Dear Mystery Girl:

You finally ready to give up? I knew you'd eventually give in. Although I must say, I'm impressed that you lasted this long.

Dear Conceited:

Don't get full of yourself. It's only a talk. Meet me at Shinobi Park in 30 mins.

(Neji)

Forget 30 minutes, I was over in 10. I was unnaturally anxious about Tenten the past couple weeks. I needed a rebound. Fast. Part of me was a little nervous to be honest. Why did she want to meet now, all of a sudden, when she was so opposed to being found out? I contemplated my decision of agreement as I sat on a park bench, watching the sun begin to set. My answer came 20 minutes later when the silhouette of a familiar figure appeared through the trees.

Goddammit.

(Tenten)

"What are you doing here?" His voice was cold and icy, and one that I never thought would be directed at me.

"Can I join you?" I asked, motioning toward the seat.

"I'm kind of expecting someone." He responded dryly.

I took the seat anyway. "Ya, I know."

He looked at me warily. "Don't tell me.... All this time?"

I nodded slowly, feeling a twinge of guilt as his eyes grew pained.

He groaned and laid his head in his hands.

"Listen Neji, I'm sorry..."

"For what?" He demanded. "Lying to me all this time? Knowing how I felt for you and just ignoring me, when you liked Kiba the whole time?" His voice grew louder and louder with each word.

"It's not like that, Neji!"

"Then what." He said through his teeth. "What is it like."

"I-I don't like Kiba. At all, actually." He turned to face me with a slight skepticism in his eyes. My voice grew more confident. "And also, what right do you have to talk about being ignored, when you do the same thing to countless girls! I've heard the horror stories, Hyuga."

He turned away again and shook his head. His hair flowed loosely around his shoulders. In any other circumstance I would use all self control not to reach out for it, but now, I only felt angry at him. Angry because of his anger. "Even after all this time, you still know nothing about me."

"Enlighten me then." I said coldly.

He leaned back on the bench and smiled at the stars that were just beginning to come out. "You wanna know how I knew I hadn't slept with you? When you first called me, I mean." My eyebrows seemed to give him my answer. "It's because I've never slept with anyone."

"You-what?" Neji Hyuga? A virgin? "How, how is that possible?"

He shrugged. "I don't know who started it. Maybe Karin, maybe someone else before her. Probably someone who got sore when I dumped them. But someone claimed that they had sex with me, and soon, everyone joined in on the lies. I just never bothered to stop it, because I couldn't care less." My face undoubtedly showed my shock. Neji Hyuga's whole reputation was just....a facade?

"And you're mad at me for deception?" I cried indignantly.

He chuckled. "Ya. I guess you're right. So now, your turn. Inuzuka."

I sighed and leaned back in a similar position to how Neji was seated. "Apparently he's liked me for a while. He kissed me at the party, when he was wasted and I was naive."

Neji snorted. "Can't blame him."

I looked at him uncertainly. His white eyes seemed to glimmer like the moon, even in the darkness. His hair wisped slightly in the wind, and his lips were far more tempting than Kiba's had been. "So....what now?"

He chuckled. "Bet still stands, does it not? That means you have to go to that dance with me."

"What?!" I exclaimed. "That's not fair. I withdrew!"

He shook his head, and I just pouted in defeat. "It's okay, I won't be too demanding on our date." He smirked. "And by the way, what would you have made me do if you won the bet?"

I sighed. "Oh, I don't know. Maybe make you do my homework for a week or something?"

He chuckled, and I was starting to get used to the sound. He placed his arm comfortably around my shoulders, and I gladly filled in the gap. "Well, I'm glad it turned out this way. My prize seems a lot more fun."

"Ya. I am too."