Epilogue - Never Got To Say Goodbye

I didn't think a month would pass by so quickly, but it did.

Joshua's suggestion to still own the cafe and instead set up a management system really helped me come to a decision. For now, at least, I could keep the cafe until someone wanted to buy it. It was fairly popular anyway and any revenue - even if I wouldn't need it as a beta's mate - was welcomed.

Farah seemed excited when I promoted her to the manager. I mean, who wouldn't happily accept a promotion? At least I knew she'd take good care of the place; I trusted her.

Joshua helped me pack up anything I wanted to bring with me to his pack. Most of my furniture I either sold or let the pack deal with, just like they'd handle my house. I'm not afraid to admit that I shed a few tears leaving the house the last morning I'd spend in Ridgeside as a pack member. I'd spent a few years in it now and it was sad parting with it.

My mate had noticed and held me in the driveway while I said my goodbyes to the first home I'd ever lived in independently. "I'm going to miss living here," I admitted as Joshua continued to hold me.

"I know."

 After that, we drove to my parents' house. 

"Mijo," my father greeted once he opened the door.

"Hi," I replied awkwardly, wishing I could turn around and pretend I never knocked. "Um, today's my last day here, so I wanted to say goodbye. I'm... sorry I ran off on you guys and never bothered to reach out again."

My father sighed, leaning against the doorframe. "It's alright. We were also in the wrong. We should've told you sooner."

The man looked past me at my car, where Joshua waited for me. He'd figured I'd want some privacy and he was right. I needed to make amends without his help. I rocked back on my heels, digging my hands into my pockets. "Can I come in real quick? To see Mom?" I asked.

"Of course," my father agreed, allowing me inside.

My mother was already inside of the living room when I entered the house, a small smile on her face. "Hi, Mom," I greeted first, walking over to pull her into a hug.

She sighed, relaxing against me as she hugged me back. "I'm so sorry, Wren. So very sorry," she whispered.

"I am too," I murmured, pulling away to look at both of my parents. "It was really hard to accept what you told me, but now that I have, I want to say that I forgive you. What you guys did for me was something you didn't take lightly. You were looking out for me; I know that. And I hope you can forgive me for getting so upset."

"Of course, Wren! We love you so much, our dear boy," my mother said, cupping my cheek.

"I love you, too. I'll make sure to visit as often as possible," I promised, letting go of my mother so I could hug my father.

"We'd better get a wedding invitation," my father said with a grin, hugging me quickly.

"Can't make any promises," I joked.

After a shared laugh, I said my last goodbyes and left. As soon as I sat down in the car, I deflated against the seat. Joshua looked over at me from the driver's seat, a curious look on his face. "How'd it go?"

"Good. We all said our sorry's and whatnot. Cleared the air," I said as he started to drive us to the packhouse.

After a minute of silence, I spoke up. "I can't believe today's the last day I'll be a Ridgeside pack member."

Joshua glanced at me and offered a small smile. "Time definitely slipped away from us. Are you ready, though?"

He reached out to offer his hand and I gladly accepted it. "I am. I'm excited for this new chapter in our lives."